Search for content in message boards

Lawrence's from Allen Co. Ohio

Denny (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 6:04PM GMT
Looking for information on Orra or James Lawrence in Auglaze Twp. Allen Co. Ohio around the 1880s.

Thanks,

Denny

Lawrence's of Allen Co. Ohio

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 9:57PM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2001 7:49AM GMT
Denny, Orra L. and Eliza Lawrence are buried in Auglaize Cemetery in Auglaize Twp. Orra was born July 28, 1836 and died April 20, 1911 according to the grave marker. I believe Orra had at least two sons, Anda Wretner Lawrence B:Oct 11, 1875 D: June 5, 1959 and Walter Clem Lawrence B: 1877 D:abt. 1964. I am looking for information on Walter Clem and Orra. Walter Clem is my ggrandfather
Email me if I can help you out.
Doug

Ora Lawrence from Allen County, OH

Denny Bishop (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2001 6:46AM GMT
Hi Doug,

Thank you for the information on Ora and his wife. I hadn't found their graves yet. But I did find Orra and Sally (Grub) Lawrence's graves at the cemetery at the head of the Lawrence Road in Auglaize Twp.

If I'm not mistaken your Father was named Ralph and he had a brother named Paul and they grew up in the old Lawrence house on Lawrence Road. You also have a cousin Kenny I think.

My Mom's maden name was Carol Lawrence. She was the Daughter of Olen (Red) and Ada (Taylor) Lawrence, who was Andy Wretner's son, who in return was Ora's son.

I think you use to come to the Lawrence reunions way back when when they had them. My Mom says she remembers you.

Just wondering how far back you have the Lawrence line and how far forward as well. By a stroke of luck I stumbled apon a few surprising facts about them. Just wondering if you'd like to trade proofs, facts and maybe a few pictures.

If you'd like my E-mail is creamcheese@toast.net.

I'm glad you answered my post and very nice to meet you.

Warmest Regards,

Denny Bishop

Tin Types

Denny Bishop (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2001 4:59PM GMT
Doug,

I forgot to say I have tracked down the tin type pictures of the Lawrence family while they were still living in Washington County Ohio from the 1820s to 1880s. I think I have a few pictures of your GG Grandfater too. I have a few documents with CW's signature on them as well.

And did you know of the connection to Sir Robert Lawrence the Knight who fought in the 3rd Crusaid, and the connection with the Royal Blood line? The connection came with the Whitneys around 1635.

Denny

Durbin and Orpha (Winegardener) Lawrence

Posted: 14 May 2001 7:03PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 8:46PM GMT
I know so little about my grandparents..They lived in West Newton, Ohio.Grampa farmed and worked at the steel factory in Lima.Durbin was born in 1887 and passed in 1943..Orpha was born in 1886 and passed in 1973.I believe but not sure that Durbin,s parents were Peter (1849-1926) and Adaline B(1854-1911).Any information at all would be appreciated. Pat

Lawrence/Winegargners

Posted: 15 May 2001 4:15PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:32PM GMT
Hi Pat,

I have some information on the relationship between the Lawrences and Winegardners who lived around Harrod, Ohio.

There were two sisters by the last name of May. My Great, Great grandmother was one of those sisters. Her name was Eliza Ann (May) Lawrence. She married Ora Lawrence and lived on the Lawrence Road in Allen County, Ohio. The other Sister married a man called Frank Winegardner. I think her name was Thursy but I can't make out the hand writing. They lived in Harrod, Ohio.

This is the connection between the Lawrence's and Winegardner's that I know of. It was between these two sisters who's last name was May.

This was between the late 19th century and the early 20th.

If there was another is relationship I would like to hear about it. There were a lot of Children of Orra and Sally (Grub) Lawrence who were the parents of Ora lawrence who married Eliza Ann (May) Lawrence. I'm sure there were other marriages between the Lawrence's and Winegardner's through out the years.

BTW I have a new E-mail address if you'd like to E me. It's dbishop@woh.rr.com. I also have a couple of pitures of these Winegardner/Lawrence's you might be interested in.

Thanks

Denny

Lawrence /Winegardener

Posted: 15 May 2001 6:16PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 8:46PM GMT
Hi Denny,I know very little about The Lawrence /Winegardener side of my family.My P. grandad was Durbin O Lawrence.and he married Orpha Elizabeth Winegardener.They had 7 boys and 1 girl..Durbin had a sister Maud and a brother Barney that I know of (I believe there were more in that family)I think !!Durbin's father was Peter A. Lawrence b. 1849 d. 1926} and his mother was Adaline B {b.1854 d.1911}I knew some of Orpha's siblings..Sam, Docky who was married to a Vera..And I know there were more in that family.A lot of this branch of the Lawrences are buried in West Newton Cemetery.I now live in canada and it makes it hard for me to get access to info,,also I have just started on this mission. lol.My e-mail is papsyl39@vianet.on.ca .I would love to hear anything about the Lawrence's. I have often heard the name Orra but am not sure in what context. Not even sure if this is not Durbin's middle name..Till Later (a distant Cous?? lol) Pat Young

Jerry Lawrence (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2001 3:42PM GMT
I'm looking for information about Samual Lawrence. He lived in Lima Oh. and worked at the Standard Oil Refinery. He was born around 1863 and died in 1929.His children included Reading Carl Lawrence, Monroe,Ruth Osie,Samual Abraham,Thomas W. and Goerge Henry Lawrence, who was my dad. I'm trying to learn something about him.All I know about him is that he is buried in Sherman Cemetary at Junction Oh. along with two of his wives,Nacy (brown) Lawrence and Merble Ethel Lawrence.If by chance you may have anything I would appritate anything you can tell me. Thank You

Re: Ora Lawrence from Allen County, OH

Posted: 21 Oct 2001 3:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
orra lawrence andsarah grubb are in my family line do you know the name of the cematary they are in thanks lorie

Re: Ora Lawrence from Allen County, OH

Posted: 22 Oct 2001 12:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Oct 2003 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: Lawrence
Hello I have been working on Lawrence geneology as well as other lines. I have down that Orra L. and Eliza Lawrence are buried in Auglaize Cemetery in Auguglaize Twp. I just bet Orra and Sarah are there also.I am checking more , as I can, on the Lawrence,s so would appreciate any information that you might have also. Thanks June Lawrence
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions