Search for content in message boards

McClain family

McClain family

Posted: 5 Nov 2006 5:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hattie and Thomas McClain are my great grandparents. Please get in touch with me. We can swap info.

Re: McClain family

Posted: 5 Nov 2006 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: McClain Devoe
WOW there really is a Genealogy Fairy!!
I have Basic information only and have been searching for about 9 years.

When Nellie died, Aunt Virgi gave last name as Ritney, have no idea of where that came from.

Thank you.
Attachments:

Teresa Spires (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2006 11:59PM GMT
How is Hattie and Thomas Allen McClain related to you? The pictures are great!! I am trying to find out if they are related to me or not. Can you help? Thomas and Hattie are my great grandparents. They had a daughter named Zela and I am her granddaughter. My dad (Zela's son) is Donald and he is still alive and has so so so many stories about Thomas and Hattie McClain. I will search my family tree for the names you have. I will be very happy to swap info with you if you would like.

Posted: 6 Nov 2006 12:19AM GMT
George McClain born about 1859 in Iowa ?? died in 1889.
Hattie (Harriet Devoe McClain) died in Aug of 1938. I believe my grandmother Vernita McClain, Daughter of Ernest Mcclain and Belle Baker, said she was burned & died in fire.
George's sons; William died in 1915, Charles died in 1955, Kansas & Ernest died in Wyoming Feb 1940. I have the information on Ernest.

Re: McClain family Harriet (Hattie) Devoe

Posted: 6 Nov 2006 12:20AM GMT
Surnames: Devoe McClain
George McClain born about 1859 in Iowa ?? died in 1889.
Hattie (Harriet Devoe McClain) died in Aug of 1938. I believe my grandmother Vernita McClain, Daughter of Ernest Mcclain and Belle Baker, said she was burned & died in fire.
George's sons; William died in 1915, Charles died in 1955, Kansas & Ernest died in Wyoming Feb 1940. I have the information on Ernest.

Posted: 28 Jan 2008 5:28PM GMT
Hello, Sorry to butt in on this, however, :) I am looking at several memoes regarding this family. Some of you may, by now, have read my memoes that I am researching the DeVoe line in IA. I have a family page for George and Harriet Rosette (DeVoe) that has many blanks on it.
I would like to know George's full dates, b.,and death date. The same for Harriet. I do have marr. date as 9-19-1879 at Waterville, Marshall Co. KS. As for children; William, Earnest, and Georgia, can use all dates, places of events, and who they marr. other than Belle Baker, which I just picked up.
If anyone has a question, find me @ devoed1@verizon.net . If you have already sent me a memo in the past few days, bare with me, since I have several hundred more DeVoe messages to look at before I start to work on e-mail responses. Thank you very much, Duane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions