Search for content in message boards

RANEY

Family Name Raney

Posted: 2 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2003 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Raney
Dianne, My great grandmother was Louise Raney who married Oliver Brothers. They had a daughter Florence Caroline born April 20, 1876, married George Walter Norris. Carey who she was know as died on July 18, 1926. That is the only information I have on the Raney's at present from the Daviess County area. Joe
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: Raney, Chesnut, Harper, Titus, Burgett
Searching for Raneys who lived in Daviess County Indiana.1920 Either in Washington or Odon then later in Edwardsport Indiana Sam S Raney married Viola Chesnut March 25,1905.Children:Walter,Lonna,Betty.Im trying to find a connection to this family any information would be greatly apprecited
Dianne

Re: RANEY

Marianne Hart (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2002 8:33PM GMT
I have information on Raney's who lived in Daviess County but they do not coincide with the names or dates you have posted. Here is what I have:
Carl Bernard Raney (Rainey)
m.Clara Elizabeth Nolen April 17, 1911 in Whitfield, Martin County, Indiand. I have no b day for him. But Clara was born Jan. 10 1889 in Daviess County, Indiana. They had eight children; Rose Mary Raney, Martin Bernard, Patrick John, Donald Austin, Veronica Marie, Anna May,Joseph Carl, Celesta Sue Raney. Does this connect with anything else you have? Marianne

Marianne Hart (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2002 8:43PM GMT
I forgot to ask in my last query. Since your last name is HART, I am wondering if we may have some connection their.
My ggg grandfather James Hart 1780-1865, gg grandfather James Matthew Hart 1823-1896, g grandfather John Patrick Hart 1867-1925, grandfather James Matthew Hart 1893-1966 and father Paul Bernard Hart 1921-1967. Most of these HART have lived in Cannelburg, Barr Township?, Daviess County, Indiana. These Harts are believed to come up through the Cumberland Gap and Migrated with the RR, as best I am researching so far. Any connection there?
Posted: 3 Sep 2005 5:38AM GMT
Surnames: RINEY, RANEY, CARRICO, CISSELL, McCORD, ALFORD, SUMMERS, O'BRIEN, SAUSE, BRADLEY, DOWNEY, DUMPHY
Hi Dianne,
Is the following information correct? Are you related?
(Jeremiah was my ggg grandfather)
Jeremiah RANEY m. Mary Joan (SHEEHAN MOORE) in KY.
I have been told that one of their sons, John Felix RANEY b. Washington Co, Ky about 1807 d.9-21-1897 Martin Co, IN m. Mary (O’NEAL). John Felix was the father of:
William Thomas RANEY, who had a son, George H. RANEY 1860-1949 m. Betsey (Betty) HARRIS 1857-1935 (dau of Nelson HARRIS and Dicy (PAYNE).

Deena Cross (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2005 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Alford, Raney
Dear Marilyn and Dianne,

Thank you Marilyn fo the information. It was helpful. I just wanted to add my great aunt was May Raney (I have George and Betsey in the census with her) who married an Allen.

Marilyn, I am related to the Allen's and the Alfords of Daviess Co. Are their any spots I can fill in for you? Let me know what you need, I am willing to share.

Deena Cross
Posted: 4 Sep 2005 6:19PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2006 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: RINEY, RANEY, CARRICO, CISSELL, SUMMERS, TEWELL, O'BRIEN, McCORD, ALFORD, ALLEN, SAUSE, BRADLEY, DOWNEY, O'CONNOR
Hi Deena,
I'll send you what I have on the ALLEN's and ALFORD's and we can exchange more info.
I see May (RANEY) ALLEN was granddaughter of George H. RANEY and Betsy (HARRIS)
How is she your great aunt?
Marilyn (Sause Conlon) Gappa

Carolyn Allen Primc (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2005 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Raney
My Allens are from Daviess too, I wonder if there is a link to your line. James Allen, Hiram Allen, Milton Lycurgus Allen (my ggfather).
Carolyn

Marilyn (Sause Conlon) Gappa (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2005 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: McCORD, KERR, ALLEN, ALFORD, CARRICO, RANEY
Deena,
Here are my ALLEN and ALFORD ancestors:

my ggg grand, William Henry McCORD b. about 1760 Franklin Co, PA d.1834 Fleming Co KY. 9 sons 1 daughter.
m. Martha d.1810 bur KY.
m. Margaret ALLEN b.1790 Mason Co, KY, her first husband John VANNOY, her third husband, Isaac HARRIS, Mother of:

MY my gg grand, Joseph Allen McCORD b.1824 Fleming Co, KY to Daviess Co, IN about age 14. m. Emily ALFORD b.1828 m.1849 in Daviess Co, IN, d.1869, 6 sons 8 daughters.

Were Margaret ALLEN's parents Joseph ALLEN and Dorothy (WALKER) ?

Do you have info on the ancestors of Margaret ALLEN?

Is this the correct lineage of ALFORD's?
Mathias ALFORD > John ALFORD > Thomas ALFORD > John ALFORD > James ALFORD Jr. > Emily ALFORD

Thank you, Marilyn (Sause Conlon) Gappa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions