Search for content in message boards

Found Military Dog Tag -Want to find Owner

Found Military Dog Tag -Want to find Owner

Laura (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2006 11:25PM GMT
Classification: Military
I'm hoping to find the owner of a dog tag I found. Name on tag is James T. De Lisle. This is my first start. Hard to find just the right place to go to find owners. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Found Military Dog Tag -Want to find Owner

Bob C (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2006 1:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Laura,
There is a James T. Delisle listed in the social security death index as having died in Jan 1992 in Sacramenton. There is an A. Delisle listed in Switchboard.com as living in Sacramento. It maybe that they are related.
Bob

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 2:11PM GMT
U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 Record
about James T Delisle
Name: James T Delisle
Birth Year: 1915
Race: White, citizen
Nativity State or Country: Kentucky
State: Alaska

Enlistment Date: 11 Jul 1945
Enlistment State: Virginia
Enlistment City: Huntington West
Branch: No branch assignment
Branch Code: No branch assignment
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
Source: Civil Life

Education: 4 years of high school
Civil Occupation: Gunsmith* (Armorer), Diesel Mechanic (Automobile mechanic, Diesel engine), Camera Repairman (still camera), Instrument Repairman, Nonelectrical (Instrument maker), Utility Repairman (Mechanic, general), Equipment Maintenance Man, Motion Picture equipment
Marital Status: Married
Height: 00
Weight: 000

Kentucky Birth Index, 1911-1999 Record
about James T Delisle
Name: James T Delisle
Date of Birth: 5 Oct 1915
County: Bracken
Mother's Name: Margaret Todd
Volume Number: 102
Certificate Number: 50789
Volume Year: 1915

James T Delisle
Germantown, Bracken, Kentucky
B. abt 1915
BP Kentucky
Son
Father's BP Kentucky
Mother's name: Margaret
Mother's BP Kentucky
Marital status: Single
Race: White
Sex: Male
Peter Delisle 64 HEAD OF HOUSE
Tromtle Delisle 28
Margaret Delisle 25
Rouget A Delisle 1 5/12

James Delisle
Germantown, Bracken, Kentucky
abt 1916
Grandson TO PETER
Father's Name: Twinkle
Mother's Name: Serepta
Peter Delisle 75
Twinkle Delisle 39
Serepta Delisle 36
Rouget Delisle 11
Margarett Delisle 1 5/12

i BELIEVE THIS IS A RELATIVE OF THE ROUGET DELISLE LISTED ABOVE
Justin DeLisle (02/08/03)
Justin R. DeLisle, 48, of Pensacola, Fla., died Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2003, in Pensacola. He was born in Cape Girardeau, son of J. Byron and Madelon DeLisle. DeLisle lived in the Pensacola area the past 13 years. Survivors include a daughter, Ashley DeLisle of Grand Prairie, Texas; a friend, Joanne Matikonis; four brothers, Jon and Rouget DeLisle of New Madrid, Mo., Jerome DeLisle of Pensacola, Jacques DeLisle of Sikeston, Mo.; two sisters, Yvonne Patterson of Cape Girardeau and Michelle Mooneyham of Pensacola.. ...

Rouget G Delisle
Kate Dr
Sikeston Missouri 63801

Rouget G Delisle
455 Saint Paul Dr
New Madrid Missouri 63869

Rouget G Delisle
421 Powell St
Sikeston Missouri 63801

Norm Hall (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2006 3:27AM GMT
Surnames: Hall
Wow, How were you able to find so much information. My father was in hte Navy in the Pacific. He was wounded and in a hospital down under at the end of the war. His name was Norman Lee Hall from Michigan. Is there a place I can start searching for more information. I am trying to fill in the holes when he was in the service

Thanks,

Norm

Posted: 1 Dec 2006 12:26AM GMT
what I can provide I find at ancestry.com ....I love my subscription...
not having a birthdat or parent names on your father I can't know which is him so let me know...this will enable me to find family census records, etc

Since he was in the Navy I prob. won't find him at ancestry
you can send for his mlitary records at this link they are free ..just make sure you request EVERYTHING THEY HAVE...I only got the basics on my DAD on my first request and then on my 2nd I asked for everything they had and got 36 pages....since they get thousands of request it can take 6 months or more...please note that in 1973 there was a fire that destroyed many military records ...you won't know if his were there until you file your request.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/ge...

Norman Hall (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2006 1:55AM GMT
Thank you Constance. I also enjoy Ancestry but could not find naval records.

I followed your advice and look forward to learning more baout my Dad. If you want to compare ancestry notes some time or sources just email me.

Posted: 20 Jan 2007 12:14AM GMT
Just wanted to thank you again. I followed your advise and received the military records for my father Norman Hall today. I have trouble figuring out what they say but it is enjoyable to have something to start with

Norm

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 3:56AM GMT
My grandmother was a cousin to James T. DeLisle. Her name was Katherine Delisle Brewer from Bracken County, KY.Most of the DeLisles are deceased ..there are 3 cousins still in Bracken County and one in Washington State.

Tom Geimeier

Posted: 9 Jun 2013 3:31AM GMT
My two son's live in Brownwood, Texas. Their last name is DeLisle, if you happen to be on Facebook, I know some of my son's relatives on their father's side some DeLisles that was in the military, Might contact him, through there and see if he knows of the relatives. His name is Jonathon DeLisle.
Hope this might help
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions