Search for content in message boards

african-american spencers-quitman,ga.

african-american spencers-quitman,ga.

Posted: 18 Nov 2000 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 3:28AM GMT
I am looking for relatives related to a Mattie spencer born in late 1800's.. father's name was James Sameul Spencer.Lives in Quitman,GA.until she married , then moved to Palatka, Fla.

Re: african-american spencers-quitman,ga.

Posted: 21 Jan 2007 2:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mathews Young
I am trying to trace my husbands' family. they also moved from Quitman Ga to Palakta Florida. Fred was born in Palakta Florida in 1939. His mothers'family were Mathews and his fathers' family were from Palakta and were Jacksons. His mothers people then moved up to NY and NJ, do any of these names come up in your family?

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: matthews-jones
my husbands aunt was from ga. her last name was a matthews.she married a jones.she lived in palatka until moving to nj. do you have any more information? kj

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: Mathews Jones and Young Jackson
Freds' mother was Lucinda, her father was Thomas Mathews and mother was Leola Young. They had a large family in Quitman Ga. The family all moved up to Ny city. Jones maybe in this family line as well. the names of Freds aunts were Queen, Mary, Isola to name a few. Fred was born in Palaka in 1939

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 10:37PM GMT
hello, i think this is the same family.isola married a jones , she and her sisters did move to nj and ny. isola lived in burlington nj until she died. the matthews were from a town outside of quitman, according to my husband.please e-mail so we can talk.katheriej@verizon.net

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 10:54PM GMT
spoke with isola's son, he knows your husband and his aunts. please contact me. johnny and sam would like to talk to him . kj

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 10:58AM GMT
Surnames: mathews
How can I get in contact with you? I am divorced from my husband (Fred) who refuses to even talk about family history which is why my daughter asked me to look into the family history my email is carolleereynolds@yahoo.com.
My side of the family is abenaki with Mohawk and other northeastern tribes so I have done extensive research into it. My daughter Takara Matthews is well liked and respected in native circles, she has been dancing at powwows since she was about five years old.

Posted: 4 Sep 2009 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: Mathews Young
I am still researching the family line and was able to find that Thomas Mathews'father was listed as Jessie Mathews who was from Va in the 1910 census. Have you found anything new?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic