Search for content in message boards

Wall - Co Clare

Wall - Co Clare

Jackie Hoare (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WALL, O'HALLORAN, O'KEEFFE
I'm hoping someone out there will be able to help me. My great-great grandfather Thomas Wall married a Margaret O'Halloran in Co, Clare. His father was John Wall and his mother was Bridget O'Keeffe. Thomas and Margaret emigrated to Australia in 1852 along with his brother James and his wife Margaret Canny and his younger brother Denis with his wife, Mary O'Brien. I do not know where they came from in Co Clare and I have no idea how to find out. I presume my ggg-grandparents remained in Ireland as there is no record of them coming out here.

Do any of these names ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks in advance
Jackie

WALLS in Co Clare

Jackie Hoare (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WALL, O'HALLORAN, O'KEEFFE
Maurice,

My Margaret O'Halloran married Thomas Wall in Co Clare and settled in Brisbane. James Wall and Margaret Canny did settle in Victoria around Wyndham / Werribee area. As far as the O'Keeffe's are concerned I think my ggg-grandmother, Bridget O'Keeffe remained in Co Clare. I'm not even sure if John & Bridget Wall were alive when the 3 brothers emigrated here.

Hope this helps
Jackie

Hope this helps.
Jackie

WALL, O'HALLORAN, O'KEEFFE

Maurice Hanrahan (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Jackie

It would be of interest to know where these people settled in Australia. There were O'Hallorans, O'Keeffe's and Canny's settled in the Ballarat district who came from north east Clare around the Tulla district (or more specifically the Crusheen parish).

Regards

Maurice

Re: WALLS in Co Clare

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: Wall
Hi Jackie

My great, great grandfather was James Wall from Co. Clare. He arrived with 2 brothers, Thomas and Dennis, in 1852, into Moreton Bay. His parents were John and Bridget Wall. James then moved to Wyndham/Werribee in Vic. where 3 generations of his family lived. My mother was a direct descendent of John and Bridget Wall.

Regards,
Sue

Re: WALL, O'HALLORAN, O'KEEFFE

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 1:47AM GMT
Hi Maurice,

My great, great grandfather was James Wall. He arrived in Moreton Bay in 1852 with 2 brothers, Thomas and Dennis. His parents were John and Bridget Wall from Co Clare. James settled in Wyndham/Werribee Vic.

regards,
Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions