Search for content in message boards

Maple Springs Farm in Eau Galle Township

Maple Springs Farm in Eau Galle Township

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 11:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jul 2003 10:22PM GMT
I am looking for any information on the history of the Maple Springs Stagecoach stop/ Farm located in Eau Galle township in Dunn County. I am also interested in information on a family named Smith that lived there in early 1900's and a daughter of theirs that married John Woods.

Re: Maple Springs Farm in Eau Galle Township

Posted: 11 Sep 2001 6:18PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2004 12:58AM GMT
I have a paper that my aunt wrote about the Maple Springs farm, plus pictures of the house. I also have a John Wood that married Phyllis Lawrence, dtr of Frank and Delia Smith Lawrence, who lived on the Maple Springs farm. I also have the daily diary of Delia Lawrence that I received from my grandmother.

Posted: 26 Jul 2002 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Deliah Smith & Frank Lawrence, Phyllis Lawrence & John Woods, June Lorraine Woods & Grant Uylesses Hoyt
My mother and twelve of her siblings are the great grandchildren X1 of Deliah & Frank Lawrence.

Their daugher, Phyllis and her husband, John are the parents of my grandmother, June Lorraine Woods. She goes by the name of Lorraine and married my grandfather, Grant Uylesses Hoyt who is deceased.

My grandmother, recently accompanied my parents back East to visit her family in Wisconsin & Minnesota. They stopped at Maple Springs Farm, Eau Galle. Visited the family cemetary where the Lawrences and Woods are buried as well as the mine where her father, John worked. While back there in July 2002, she became ill and passed away at the home of her relative Art Hoyt.

We are looking for other family, ancestry, diaries, pictures, etc. Anything that is available from other family members or friends of the family.

Please contact me so we can get copies of my great x2 grandmother's diaries and pictures as well as any other info you have regarding the families.

Sincerely,

Erika Parsons
daughter of Patricia M. Hoyt Stuva
daughter of Lorraine Woods Hoyt
daughter of Phyllis Lawrence Woods
daughter of Deliah Smith Lawrence

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 12:19AM GMT
Surnames: Phyllis Lawrence & John Woods, Deliah Smith & Frank Lawrence
I don't know if this will help you but here is what I know.

My mother is the daughter of:

June Lorraine Woods and Grant Uylesses Hoyt

Lorraine (as my grandmother preferred to be called) was the daughter of:

Phyllis Lawrence and John Woods of Eau Galle

Phyllis was the daughter of:

Deliah Smith and Frank Lawrence

We have further information, but are in the process of sorting through it as my grandmother, Lorraine died in July of 2002, while visiting family back in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

My parents had taken her back there where they visited Maple Springs Farm, the cemetary of her family and the mine where her father worked, etc.

Please let me know if you have been able to obtain info on the Smith family, John Woods family, etc.

Erika Parsons

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:55PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2012 11:00PM GMT
My Grandmother (Lorraine)was the daughter of Phyllis and John Woods. I have many different article regarding the Maple Springs Farm House. They state that John and Delihia came from Chicago and purchased the farm back in 1892. I have about 6 pages of written and newspaper articles, as well as many family pictures of the Griggs, Smith and Woods Family. I also have a family register for each family name.
Yvette M. Hoyt
daughter of John Ulyssis Hoyt
son of Lorraine Woods Hoyt
daughter of Phyllis Lawrence Woods
daughter of Deliah Smith Lawrence

Posted: 28 May 2012 11:03PM GMT
Anyway that we can get a copy of the daily diary?

I am the great grandaughter of Phyllis lawrence.

Yvette Hoyt

Posted: 30 May 2012 7:46PM GMT
Surnames: smith/lawrence
I will copy it, but it over 100 pages. I will need your snail mail address. Email me at mjgaloff@wwt.net.

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 12:37AM GMT
Hi Erica, It's Yvette; John Hoyt's daughter. Funny finding you on this site.
I had someone contact me with a diary of grandma loraines mother. He is mailing it to me as it's over 100 pages long. After I readI will copy and give to ? Thnking maybe Gloria?
Email me at y-hoyt@comcast.net

Hope all it well
Attachments:

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 6:14AM GMT
Hi Yevette.

Wow, uncle Pete looks so young and handsome in the photo where's he's got his arms around you and Cole.

So nice to see he got baptized. Mom mentioned that he had wanted to when I showed her the picture. She had forgotten that he told her about it beforehand.

Looking forward to being able to read grandma Delia's diary.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic