Search for content in message boards

Marilda Batt Mays

Marilda Batt Mays

Posted: 12 May 2010 6:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching my Kentucky roots and on my tree I have Wilburn/William Angel married to Marilda Batt Mays, Clay County KY born about 1831 or so. My great grandfather was Daniel Boone Angel 1856 married to Rachel Brandenburg. My grandmother was Lucinda (Sinda) Angel 1888, Beattyville, Lee County KY. I have been unable to find Duna, Jessie, or Bill Angel. I found Liberty (he died in Ohio) but I did not find his children, wife etc. Do you have information on Marilda?

Any information would be treasured. Thanks, Shirley Angel Dyer

Re: Marilda Batt Mays

Posted: 13 May 2010 4:54AM GMT
Surnames: Mays, Butts, Young, Shetler, Tombow
Shirley,
Do you think it possible that Marilda's middle name could have been Butt or Bott instead of Batt? I am related to the Mays and the Butts and I believe they moved from PA to Ohio about the same time; early 1840's. Dorothy

Posted: 13 May 2010 2:30PM GMT
It could be. I got my information from a person searching Rufus Hill (he married Rachel Brandenburg Angel, Daniel Boone Angel's wife). It could have been a typo. Do you have info on either Wilburn/William or Marilda?
Shirley

Posted: 14 May 2010 3:59AM GMT
Hello, My name is Larry Mays, I'm related to those you mention in you threads. Not sure if I can help or not.

Posted: 14 May 2010 8:45PM GMT
I am the granddaughter of Sinda Angel who was the daughter of Daniel Boone Angel b 1856 Lee County KY., son of Wilburn/William Angel b 1831 in Clay Co. KY. I have do not have one picture of William/Marilda or of Daniel Boone. I have searched everywhere and I was wondering if you had information/pictures etc of any of them to share. As I am 75 yrs old now my window of time is getting smaller!

Any stories/information you are willing to share would truly be appreciated. My e-mail address is shirleydyer75@yahoo.com

Thanks, Shirley Angel Dyer

Posted: 13 Aug 2010 8:45PM GMT
Surnames: mays,Hill, Butts
Shirley, you mention that you received your information from a Rufus Hill. Several Hills intermarried with my Mays' family. They lived in Stark and Tuscarawas Counties, Ohio. Keep my e-mail address if you have it. We may be researching same family just different lines. Dorothy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions