Search for content in message boards

Mis family in Grodzisko Dolne

Mis family in Grodzisko Dolne

Waldemar Mish (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2003 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
I come from Grodzisko Dolne/Grodzisko and my family name is MIS. My faily name has been chenged to Mish. About 10 years ago I have attended a reunion of Mish families in Canada. Some of my relatives moved to Canada in early 1900. I have found that ther was a cluster of Mish's in Saskatchewan and also traces in Pensylvania. I have some of the information on that.

Czerwonka in Grodzisko/Re: Mis family in Grodzisko Dolne

John Preisser (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2003 4:01AM GMT
Surnames: Czerwonka
In the Rzeszow (read only) board, there is a 26 Dec 1998 posting by Andrzej Phillips. He includes MIS from Grodzisko among the surnames.

I am interested in the Czerwonka family that comes from Grodzisko. My grandfather, Wojciech Czerwonka, was born in 1865 in Wolka Grodziska. His father's name was Sebastian. In 1891 he emigrated to the United States and settled in Albany, New York where he married in 1895.

I am trying to learn more about the Czerwonka family from Grodzisko. Who were the siblings of Wojciech?

Which Catholic Parish for Wolka Grodzisko?

Posted: 14 May 2003 4:26AM GMT
Waldemar,
Given that my grandfather Wojciech Czerwonka was born in Wolka Grodziska in 1865 and he was catholic, which parish would he likely have belonged to? How would I obtain the address? I have a detailed map that shows Wolka Grodziska adjacent to Grodzisko Gorne. I would like to write to the parish and try to obtain his baptismal record. Since you are from Grodzisko, are you familiar with the Czerwonka surname. The Ellis Island files have at least 20 Czerwonkas from Grodzisko so it seems to have been a common name/large family 100 years ago. Thanks.
John (North Carolina)

Re: Mis family in Grodzisko Dolne

Patricia Schuman (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2003 12:16PM GMT
Hello Waldemar,
In reading your message, the name Mis caught my eye. My Grandmother Katarzyna Walczyk from Gora Ropczyce was baptized in 1890. I have a copy of her baptismal record. Her Godfather was an Antoni Mis. Just wondering if he might be in your family tree.
Other names from the 1890's Toton, Mazur, Zur, Rataj.
Just wondering if you have come across these names.
Pat

Re: Which Catholic Parish for Wolka Grodzisko?

Waldemar Mish (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2005 6:31PM GMT
I apologize, it has been a while since I been here. In response to your question, it would be grodzisko Dolne parish and church as Wolka Grodziska was part of this parish until approx. mid 1970. Here is the address to grodzisko parish "GRODZISKO DOLNE pw. św. Barbary
Grodzisko Dolne, 37-306 GRODZISKO DOLNE" and also in case you may want to check to Wolka Grodziska parish "WÓLKA GRODZISKA pw. św. Maksymiliana Kolbe
Wólka Grodziska, 37-306 GRODZISKO DOLNE"

If you require any additional information, please let me know, perhaps I will be able to help.

Posted: 9 Jan 2005 7:29PM GMT
No problem. I visited this area in August 2003 and eventually ended up at this parish and found my great grandfather's baptismal record at this church. The priest gave us a nice tour of the church which is under renovation.

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 10:01PM GMT
Did you made a pictures of records from Grodzisko?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic