Search for content in message boards

Jenkins

Jenkins

Vel (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2002 9:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jenkins, Miller
Benjamin Franklin Jenkins born 1840 in Wyoming County. His Civil War papers say his father was George Jenkins and his mother ? Miller. I'd like his siblings and his grandparents names.

Re: Jenkins

Posted: 30 Apr 2003 9:35PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2004 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins
My great grandpa was in the civil war and his name was George M. Jenkins but he was married to a Sallie J. Vick perhaps this is him. Now he did have a son named George Raymond Jenkins. But I do not think he was in the war. He was born in 1911. His wife name was Eula A.. Do not know what her maiden name is. Great Grandpa George was born in 1870 and died in1945. If this matches your infor let me know and I can give you more info. It should how many George Jenkins could there had been in the civil war.

Vel Miller (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2003 1:05AM GMT
Thanks Donna for the info. Since I posted the orginal message we have found an obit from Iowa but sent to Eaton PA . It appeared in the Eaton paper on June 19 (?) 1866 for the death of Henry Harrison Jenkins who claimed he lost one son, George E. Jenkins (we think) and one son lived (Benjamin F. Jenkins we think). I'm in the middle of trying to figure this out. It said H.H. was survived by wife, children, partent and brother. Let's stay in touch. Just in case our Jenkins' came from the same area and may be related. H.H. said he left Wyoming Co in 1851 and lived in Bradford Co PA til 1861 when he arrived in Iowa.

J. Phyllis Corkins (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2004 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: JENKINS, ROOT, MENCH, MOCK, HOOVER
I am trying to find out the parentage, etc. of my g/grandmother, Mary Elizabeth Jenkins. She was born in this vicinity in Feb. 1848. She married William Jenkins of Plains and as I understand it, was either deaf or hard-of-hearing. If this connects with any of your JENKINS, please let me know.

Vel (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2004 4:54AM GMT
I don't think we are from the same Jenkins family. My Jenkins' came from Wyoming County, Pennsylvania and moved to Iowa sometime before the Civil War. I have few names to go by but none of the ones you listed are on my list. Good luck in your search. I got my Ben F. Jenkins Civil War papers from the Natl. Archives, but they gave me litte information I didn't already have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions