Search for content in message boards

John Robert Moore VA, NC, GA early 1800's

John Robert Moore VA, NC, GA early 1800's

Posted: 25 Dec 2003 8:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore, Sinclair, Ussery, Simpson
According to a family letter, Martha Sinclair of North Carolina married John Robert Moore. They were the parents of Ussery Moore(born 1808 in GA) , Simpson Moore(born 1811 in GA), and possibly others, so Martha was born in the late 1780-90's most likely. The Moores were reported to have come from the Brunswick/Lunenburg area of VA before settling around Wilkes and Jones Co. GA areas. Any help will be appreciated

Re: John Robert Moore VA, NC, GA early 1800's

Posted: 15 Jan 2011 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Moore
I know it has been a few years since you posted your query, but I just recently learned that I descend from a Ussery Moore,that was born in Georgia around 1807 and had a brother named Simpson. My great-great-grandfather, Joseph Moore, told my grandfather that the Moore's were in Virginia at some point.

The family you mentioned sounds like the one I am looking for. Have you happened to find any more information on this Moore family since you posted this query?

Any help you may be able to give will be appreciated! :)

Posted: 20 Apr 2011 2:21AM GMT
I am a descendent of Simpson Moore, he is my great-great grandfather. I am desperate to find out officially who his parents are so that I can go farther back. I've heard about a John Robert Moore married to a Martha Sinclair but I've also heard about a John Robert Moore married to a Nancy Folsom. I'm so confused! Does anyone have actual proof of who Simpson and Ussery's parents were?

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 11:13PM GMT
Read in the book, History of Jones County (GA), 1807 - 1907 by Williams, Carolyn White, that 3 Moore brothers, Bishop, Samuel and Joseph came to Jones County from Petersburg, VA in 1800. Is your great-great Grandfather this Joseph?
We are descendants of Simpson Moore and, too, are seeking to confirm who their parents were from VA. Ussery lived in Taylor Co. GA with his family.

Patricia Moore Kranzlein (kranzlein@juno.com)

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 3:50AM GMT
Unfortunately this Joseph that you mention is not my great-great-grandfather. My Joseph was born in 1894 in Texas.

My great-great-grandfather is Joseph Eugene Moore, and his genealogy is as follows:

Joseph Eugene Moore
John R U Moore (father)
Robert S. Moore(grandfather)
Ussery Moore (great-grandfather)

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 2:52PM GMT
Have you reviewed the Family Tree on ancestry.com for Simpson Moore or Moore Roberts GA 2010? I just came across it yesterday.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 11:05PM GMT
I'm not a paying member to ancestry.com, so, unfortunately, I have not seen those family trees.

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 7:49PM GMT
Hi, my John Robert Moore, was born in Georgia in 1859 and first married Julia Josephine Davis they had Joseph Eugene Moore and a few others Joseph was born on 8 Jul 1895 in harrison county, texas and died 4 Aug 1973 in Karnack. He is buried in Andrews Cemetery in Karnack as well. His daughter, my grandmother is still alive. My email is Dawn14320@yahoo.com if this sounds familiar you can email me!

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 10:08PM GMT
I have a Robert Moore in Greene County, GA (next to Wilkes Co, GA). He may/may not be of the same family but they might be brothers or something. Here's his info: born 1770-1780 in VA, died after 1850 in GA. Married Nancy Young. He married in SC and moved to Greene Co between 1799-1801. Between 1810-20 he moved to Walton Co. Between 1830-40 moved to Carroll County. In 1850 he is found in Paulding County. His children were: Martha, Zachariah, Nancy, William Y, Cynthia, 2 unknown sons and 3 unknown daughters.

Posted: 1 Sep 2011 11:01PM GMT
I recognize your email address from your reply to my post on genealogy.com regarding the Moore family....my username there is KT.

Joseph Eugene Moore is my great-great-grandfather. My grandfather had told me that he married a Mary Jane Deen Harris, but he never knew much about her...he said he thought that he heard that they divorced or something.

Joseph Eugene's daughter, Easter Marie Moore, is my great-grandmother.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions