Search for content in message boards

Kit Carson family

Kit Carson family

Posted: 7 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 4:22PM GMT
Surnames: Carson
Im a descendant of Kit Carson's brother Hampton Carson (1812-ca1850) Would love to share information with anyone interested or related to the family of Kit.

Re: carson family

carolyn tye (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: carson, miller
My great grandmother was Mary Jane Elizabeth Carson,Bro. Robert and sister Katie. She was either a niece or first cousin to Kit. Her nickname was Mit. Any help you could give me would be great. Oh yes,she married John Miller in GA.came to Ark. went on to Henderson, Texas.

Thanks

Carolyn Loe Tye

E-MAIL tah@iocc.com

Re: Kit Carson

Posted: 7 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: Carson, Benton, Bishop, Rowe, Stroud
My Grandmother Ora Vitula Carson was either a 1rst or 2nd cousin to Kit Carson. Her fathers name was George Robinson Carson She had a brother Charles Carson who spent much of his older adult life in the Boston Mass area. she also had sisters Georgia whomarried a Bishop and sister Rosa that married a Rowe and a sister Myrl who married a Stroud.

Ora Married Malden Benton and lived in Centertown, KY for most of her life.

Re: Ora Vitulia Carson

Posted: 9 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 4:26PM GMT
Surnames: Carson, Robinson, Johnson, Barnett, Stevens, McMullen
From the info you provided I checked the Carson Bent Boggs Genealogies by Quantrille McClung. It lists your Ora Vitulia Carson as being the daughter George Robinson Carson (1839-1923) and likely Margaret Ellen Johnson (2nd wife). George was also married to Mary Elizabeth Barnett who died in 1866? George Robinson Carson was the son of Lindsey Robinson Carson (1805-1878) and Elizabeth Stevens, and the Grandson of Kit's Carson's uncle Robert Carson (1758-1810) and Jane Robinson McMullen (sister to Kits mother Rebecca Robinson). So you have a double relation to Kit! Same book shows Geo. R. Carson's children as Herman Winfield died young to first wife, Charles Redford b 1873, Alexander Robinson (1875-76), Rosa Fidelia b 1877, Infant son b/d 1880, Ora Vitulia b 1882, Mary May b 1886, Georgia Ellen b 1889, Tons more info just email me directly ..I'll fax if you got one!

Re: Carson

Posted: 24 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 4:23PM GMT
Looking for descendants of Charles Redford Carson. He had daughters named Margarite, Marjory, Evelyn. Charles or Charley lived in Kentucky, Massachusetts and Akron, Ohio for a short while during WWII.

Re: Carson

Katie Kertson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 4:27PM GMT
Surnames: carson, kertson
I am helping my family look for their roots. In past books that I have seen, it seems that the name Carson was changed to Kertson. Have you any information on this matter??? Please get back to me. Thank You.

Re: KIT CARSON FAMILY

Jamie D. Cozby (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 4:27PM GMT
Surnames: carson, johnson
I AM SEARCHING FOR INFORMATION ON JOHN LUTHER CARSON, S/O JOHN HUFFMAN CARSON( SUPPOSED TO BE BRO. OF KIT CARSON) AND NANCY ANN JOHNSON CARSON. CAME TO TEXAS AROUND 1870S AFTER JOHN H. CARSON HAD DIED IN NEWTON CO, MS.NANCY ANN AND HER CHILDREN: SAMUEL FRANCIS(DOC), MARY JANE, WILLIAM WYLEY, DAN,& JOHN LUTHER CAME TO TEXAS AND SETLED IN HILL CO, TX. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. JAMIE COZBY

Re: Charles Redford Carson

Posted: 6 Feb 2003 3:23PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 4:24PM GMT
I am the daughter of Marjorie Carson, whos father, (my grandfather) was Charles Redford Carson. I found this on the message board this morning. Please contact me with info pertaining to my relatives genealogy.
Thank You
H Gonet

Re: Marjorie Carson

H Gonet (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2003 4:58PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: carson, gonet, driesback
I am the daughter of Helen Gonet.
Marjorie Carson(later changed to Driesback) was my grandmother.

Re: carson family

Posted: 8 Mar 2005 9:27AM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2005 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: carson, miller
I have been told all of my life that I am a decendent of Kit Carson, from my dad's mother's (Eileen) line. Their family name was Miller, and they came from the Dakotas. I have also been told that I am 1/16 American Indian, Souix. Although Miller is a common name, I found it interesting that someone else had mentioned a Miller as being related to Kit Carson.

Geoff Vines
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions