Search for content in message boards

Obituary - Dr. Charles M. Waddell

Obituary - Dr. Charles M. Waddell

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 10:58PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Waddell
Excerpt from the Virginian-Pilot, published 4/1/12 in southeastern Virginia -

Dr. Charles M. Waddell, age 73, passed away on March 14, 2012 in Phoenix, Ariz. after a long illness. Dr. Waddell grew up in Norfolk, Va. and lived in California and Georgia for 30 years. He was a tenured Professor of Psychology at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. Dr. Waddell was a founding member of the Association of Black Psychologists and the Student Association of Black Psychologists, and a member of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Nu Psi Chapter and the 100 Black Men of Sacramento, Calif. and Atlanta, Ga.

His youngest son, Sekou Waddell, parents Walter and Susan Waddell, sisters Bernice, Edna, Evelyn; and brother Raymond predeceased him. Dr. Waddell is survived by son Marcus (Sonja) of Scottsdale, Arizona; brother James (Jo Ann) Waddell of Tucson, Arizona; nephew Kim Waddell of Washington, D.C.; niece Tricia Waddell of New York; former wife, Cheryl Miller of Cave Creek, Ariz.; and a host of relatives and friends.

* Posted as possibly of interest - I have no other information about this family.

Re: Obituary - Dr. Charles M. Waddell

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 4:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
I recently connected with Facebook and decided to look up my old professor Dr. Charles Waddell from Loyola Marymount University. I used to be his T.A. and he in turn was not only my professor but someone that helped me get a grip on reality. I am sorry I missed letting him know he was thought fondly of all of these many, many, years ago. I graduated in 1987. God Bless his family and friends

Re: Obituary - Dr. Charles M. Waddell

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 4:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
lrucker, I am sorry for your loss. I have been fortunate, also, to have had many inspiring professors. One of them has now been my colleague for over 17 years and it is a great privilege to work with her.
Christine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions