Search for content in message boards

BENJAMIN - Wolfville/Horton

BENJAMIN - Wolfville/Horton

Posted: 7 Apr 2002 1:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 May 2004 12:48PM GMT
Surnames: Benjamin, Wood, Lightfoot
Looking for any information on the BENJAMIN family in Kings County. My WOOD Family had a marriage to a William Henry BENJAMIN, born Nova Scotia ca 1814, who moved to Saint John Co, NB in 1836. He had sons, John, James, William, Henry, and Nathan; daus Emma Gertrude, Augusta, Olivia Jane, Theresa.

Family lore says Wm Henry had a brother Joseph who went to Saint John Co with him, but I haven't located him. Supposedly there was a cousin Clarence back in Nova Scotia in the 1960's or 70's.

Wondering if this Clarence might be the one b. 1894, s/o of Melvin BENJAMIN & Ella LIGHTFOOT? Melvin was s/o George BENJAMIN...

Does anyone have info on this family of Wolfville in 1881:?
Nathan BENJAMIN M M 62 English NS
Mary BENJAMIN F M 56 English NS
George BENJAMIN M 22 English NS
Mary BENJAMIN F 29 English NS
Perez BENJAMIN M 17 English NS

This Nathan, b. c1819 would be the right age to be - perhaps - a bro to William Henry BENJAMIN b. c1814.
Any suggestions welcome!!!

Re: BENJAMIN - Wolfville/Horton

Laurene (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2002 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: Schofield, Coldwell, Denison, Eagles, Ells, Johnston Johnson, Trenholm
Here's what I do have. Augusta b bet 1814-1824. Wife of Russell Coldwell, b 1808 in Gaspereau, Kings Cty, Nova Scotia. They had children - Adelia ( married Baker) and Adelaid, who married John Albert Coldwell in 1883.

I also have a William born between 1799-1843, married Mary Nowlin, and had son Willard b 1839-1869. Hope this helps.

Posted: 31 Mar 2004 6:16PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2004 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: Benjamin, Jordan
I have a lot of Benjamins in my database. They all originate from Obed Benjamin, who was one of the Planters arriving in 1760 in Horton Township. Please email for further details. Your family is obviously the same as mine. (my 4 x gg was Lydia Benjamin)

Posted: 14 Nov 2004 3:28PM GMT
Do you have a Lucil Benjamin that married a James Edward Welch. I have their son, James Frederick Welch, who was maybe born in Cornwallis 6 May 1859.
Janet Moorhead

Posted: 2 May 2009 11:33PM GMT
I noticed an older request you posted on the rootsweb re: Nathan, Mary, George, Mary, and Perez Benjamin. if you are still looking contact me; I have their family bible.

Posted: 4 May 2009 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Benjamin
I would to hear from you! Please contact me at waughp (at) yahoo.com. I am just trying to put pieces of the puzzle together. ;-)

Pam

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Benjamin/Henderson
do you have a charles allen benjamin who married 3x and third wife was Lilda Henderson? not sure if this is a Gaspereau family or not, trying to find out who Lilda's parents would have been Thank you

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: BENJAMIN
Do you have any background on Nathan? Perhaps parents, siblings? I'd be very interested in hearing from you.

I'm waughp -at- yahoo.com

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Coldwell, Gertridge, Payzant, Van Buskirk, Martin
For Augusta Benjamin I have her birthdate as 5 Nov 1835 in Black River, Kings, NS. Her middle name was Elmira. Augusta was the was the daughter of Ezekiel Benjamin and Phebe Illsley. Augusta was the wife of Russell Coldwell, b 4 Nov 1808 in Gaspereau, Kings, Nova Scotia. Russell was the son of David Coldwell and Phebe Bishop. Russell and Augusta had children - Adelia D. Coldwell, b. 1866 & died 17 Nov 1951(married Silas J. Baker, Apr 1850-1824. Born in Bridgewater, Lunenburg, NS)Adelia had a sister Adelaide Elmira Coldwell (born abt. Nov 1864, died 24 Jun 1900) who married John Albert Coldwell 13 Oct 1883. John was the son of John B. Coldwell IV (1825-24 Dec 1863) and Martha Coldwell (maiden name was also Coldwell), 22 Jan 1831-17 Feb 1908. Martha was the daughter of Ebenezer F. Coldwell and Mary Stevens. John B. Coldwell was the son of John Coldwell and Isabella Duncanson.

I also have a William born between 1799-1843, married Mary Nowlin, and had son Willard b 1839-1869. Hope this helps.

Re: WILLIAM BENJAMIN - Wolfville/Horton

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 10:58AM GMT
More information on William Benjamin, husband of Mary Knowlin. He was the son of Ebenezer Benjamin and Elizabeth Pineo. I have William's birth year as 1809, with the following children:
- Willard Benjamin (born 30 Oct 1848), married Sophia Demont (10 Apr 1864- 23 Apr 1919)
- Ebenezer Benjamin, married Rebecca Nowlin
- Robert Benjamin
- John Benjamin
- Rachiel Benjamin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions