Search for content in message boards

Ouachita Parish Marriage Records

Ouachita Parish Marriage Records

Posted: 1 Jun 2002 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 6 Dec 2006 3:22AM GMT
Does the Clerk of Court allow the public to walk in and search through all of their marriage records?
I know if you request a copy of a marriage record by mail order, there is a $5.00 fee.
If they allow the public to walk in and do their own search, do they still charge a fee?
I am not really interested in copying marriage records, but only to read them and gather information from them.
I would appreciate any information about searching marriage records in Ouachita Parish.

Re: Ouachita Parish Marriage Records

Posted: 1 Jun 2002 8:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Dec 2002 4:41AM GMT
Surnames: Lovett, Brady, Tisdale, Morgan
I have been to the Ouachita courthouse a couple times and, yes, you can look through the marriage records on your own. I believe there is a three dollar fee for any copying. Happy hunting!! JUDY

shuirley (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2002 1:48AM GMT
I have book of ouachita marriages 1800 to 1899. Home injured and bored, will gladly look up names for you if your interest is data and not certificate.

shirley

Posted: 13 Aug 2002 12:40PM GMT
Do you have any records of any Barringtons or Johnsons being married in that time frame, especially after the Civil War?
Thanks for you help!~

Posted: 13 Aug 2002 11:20PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2003 8:43PM GMT
For your information the Ouchita Parish Court House, PO Box 1862, Monroe, La 71210-1862, 318-327-1444, will provide marriage license look up service for a small fee. I believe the cost is 3.00 per document including postage. Willie Mae Kelley is the Deputy Clerk normaly on duty and her extension is 100. I'm sure she won't mind my passing on that information.

Posted: 18 Aug 2002 9:22PM GMT
Surnames: Dortch Martin Harris Bethune Finley Meigs
Dear Shirley,

Hope you feel better soon! But, in the mean time, if it's not too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate a look-up of Robert Dortch and Mary Bethune Martin. They were probably married about 1861. Robert Dortch was born about 1829, so he may have been married before. I would love to know about that if it comes up. Mary Bethune Martin was from Holly Springs, MS, but both of her parents were dead by the time she got married, I think. I have been unable to find a record of their marriage in Marshall County, MS, so I'll try Monroe, LA, where he lived. Thanks for your help and take care of yourself! Fredreica

shirley (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2002 5:44AM GMT
C.A. Dortch married M.M. Collins (groom) on December 15, 1890, only Dortch I find in marriage book.

shirley (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2002 5:47AM GMT
Surnames: Bethune & Garrett
James A. Bethune married Narcissa Garrett 3/27/1872.

Patsy Young (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2004 8:21PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2006 5:29PM GMT
Surnames: Young
Shirley,
Do you still do marriage lookups for people ? I'm researching my husband's family and for some reason all last names for the wifes are listed as unknown. I would really appreciate a lookup for George W. Young and Ellen ? Year approximately 1856 to 1858.Both were born in 1835, George in 12 May 1835 Henry Co., Ga. - Ellen 1835 in S. Carolina.
His parents were George W. Young and Margaret Catherine Gaar. Hers unknown.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

eason l. wright (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2004 6:18AM GMT
Looking for marriage of susanah allen and joseph wright cira.early 1800's. They moved on to Jackson Parish and then into Winn Parish where they bought land and remained. Their first child, john wesley, born 1847 in Jackson Parish. They were known as "sue" and "joe" and were my great grandparents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions