Search for content in message boards

CANTRELLE

CANTRELLE

Michael Cantrelle (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Hi,

I am looking for information in St. James Parish on Jacques Cantrelle married 1st. Marie Francienne Minquetz 2nd. Marie Marguerite Larmusiau.

I beleive he settled in St. James Parish in the 1700's. If anyone can help, please contact me.

Thank You,

Deacon Michael Cantrelle

SCHEXNAYDER

Beth Schexnayder (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Jacques Cantrelle, b 1697,d 8 Jan 1778 B in St. Picardie, France.In Natchez by 1720, sent to Louisiana and made Commandant of Cabonocey (St. James Parish)S/of Claude and Marguerite Turpin. His first wife was killed in the Natchez Massacre and maybe a child also. His second wife was Marguerite Lamusieu (L'Hermusiau)b 1711 d 20 July 1785 They had eight children, the seventh child was Michel Bernard, b1750 who became Commandant and Judge of New Orleans Parish

Cantrelle History

Posted: 16 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2004 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Gaspard, Trahan, Perry, Vincent, Guidry, Morine
For an accounting of the arrival of Cantrelles in St. James Parish, check out "Cabanocey - The History, Customs and Folklore of St. James Parish" by Lillian C. Bourgeois, published in 1987 by Pelican Publishing Company, Gretna, La. If you are unable to locate this book, contact me by email. I can send you the text from the particular chapter, along with other mentions of Jacques Cantrelle.

Jacques Cantrelle

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2002 5:22AM GMT
Surnames: Cantrelle, cantrell
Please help me locate information concerning my GGGGG-Grand-father, Jacques Cantrelle Sr., I am trying to understand what happened in his life.Also Jacques Cantrelle Jr. Thank you, Angel C. Marino

Jacques Cantrelle

Stanley LeBlanc (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cantrelle
The Cantrelle history is well-documented. The Cantrelles were involved Commandants of the Acadian Coast and a son-in-law (Judice) was Commandant of Lafourche. Many of the Judices moved to St. Mary/Iberia parishes.

Re: Jacques Cantrelle

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 7:56AM GMT
My 7th great grandfather was Jacques Cantrell, the first Cantrelle to come over from Picardy, France. Seems we are related somewhere down the line. St. James Parish was named after him, as it sits on his former land. I can give you all the info I have on him. He was not an Acadian, but came directly from France to New Orleans, where he lived most of the time before St. James Parish.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic