McCabe

McCabe

Trudy Richeson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Feb 2010 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: McCabe
Am trying to find siblings and names of parents of Terrence
McCabe born 1820 in Ireland and came to Wisconsin, Fond du Lac County around 1850. He was married to Honora McCabe and childrens names were Bridget, Mary H., Michael, Peter,
Catherine, Frank, Honora

Re: Surname

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 3:11AM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2002 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: McCabe, Callahan,Mand
Terrence McCabe & Hannora Callahan were both born in Cork, Ireland? They had seven children: Bridget, Catherine, Hannora, Mary Ann, Michael, Peter, Frank (died at early age). Terrence and his wife are buried in St.Charles cemetary outside of Fond du Lac, near St.Mary Springs Academy (wooden crosses now gone). Terrance also had a brother Michael buried in same cemetary. Don't know if he had other brothers & sisters. My great-grandfather Stephen Mand married their daughter Hannora McCabe. Information came from their daughter Margaret.

McCabe

Rosemary C. Spooner (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2002 3:46PM GMT
When was Mary ann born to Terrance and Hannora?

Re: McCabe

Posted: 14 Apr 2002 2:25AM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2002 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: McCabe, Callahan, Mand, Sweet
Terrence McCabe & Hannora (Callahan)McCabe had seven children: Bridget, Catherine, Hannora, Mary Ann, Michael, Peter and Frank. Their daughter Hannora (who married my great-grandfather Stephen Mand) was born May 10, 1859 on the McCabe farm outside of Peebles. The McCabes belonged to St.Patrick's church in Fond du Lac. Assuming that the children are listed in birth order, then Mary Ann was born after 1859. Hannora said that her father Terrence McCabe died when she was 10 years old. This would mean that Mary Ann, Michael, Peter & Frank were born before 1869. All I really know about Mary Ann was that she married Scott Sweet, and they lived near Greenbush, and are suppose to be buried there.

Bill Penn (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2005 4:49AM GMT
My greatgrandfather was Scott Sweet who married Mary McCabe. I have alot of info on This line of family . I need more information on the rest of the McCabes line. I remember my grandfather (Frank Sweet talking about Kate Mand. I would like to see how the Mands fit into the family. I have a picture of Kate Mand also. I do get to Fond du lac quite often. If anyone can help m e you couyld contact me by phone also 815 226-8387
Posted: 21 Oct 2008 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: Mand, Sweet
Bill, I am also researching the Mands and would be interested in the picture of Kate Mand. I assume it to be Kate Wickert Mand.Also do you have an Elizabeth Sweet in your tree who married a Cartwright? Deb at squirrelanddeb@yahoo.com

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 1:24AM GMT
My g-grandfather was Michael McCabe, son of Terence and Hannora. Would appreciate knowing more about Terence and Hannora - where they came from in Ireland and when, marriage, etc. Any info is appreciated.

Posted: 16 Oct 2011 9:13PM GMT
Surnames: Sweet,Doyl,Redmond
My g grandfather was Luther (Luke) Sweet, One of Scott Sweet`s brothers. Do you have any info on their mother Catherine Doyl/ Redmond? Sweet. The only info I have on her is b abt. 1816 in Ireland. Do you know where she is buried? Our gg grandmother has been a mystery for way to long.

Posted: 14 May 2013 3:24AM GMT
Terence's father was also named Terence. Born 1800-1801. Check United Kingdom data base I have Terence b1837-1869; buried in St Charles Cemetery In Taycheeda , WI. More info available

Posted: 29 May 2013 9:49PM GMT
would definitely like to know more information. I have Terence married to Hanora Callahan, 7 children (3rd child Michael Frank is my great grandfather). Bought land in city of Fond du Lac in 1851 and farm land in Taycheedah 1853. Died May 20, 1869 buried in Taycheedah, WI. Would really like to know where the family came from in Ireland and when.
Thanks -
Chris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic