Search for content in message boards

Hicklins of Tennessee

Hicklins of Tennessee

Posted: 15 Feb 2004 7:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hicklin
Searching for information on the Hicklins of Lincoln County, Tn....especially John and Malissa Hicklin. They lived near Pleasant Plain in the 1880's.

Re: Hicklins of Tennessee

Robert McAlister (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2005 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Hicklin, McAlister
Mary,
In the 1840 census, there are several people in the Hicklin family in LC Tenn. The oldest was a William Hicklin. It appears a few members of McAlister were included. My theory is that William was the grandfather of these McAlisters. John Hicklin was Williams grandson also. Do you have any info regarding a McAlister-Hicklin family connection?
thanks,
Bob

Aline Jones (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2005 4:18AM GMT
My records show Jonathan Hicklin, b 11 Nov 1874, d abt May 1864 who mar. Mary Montgomery 8 Oct 1817 in KnoxCo, TN. Their children Alexander (1820) & James Luke (1821) were born in TN & probably John (1822), Sally & William were born there also. In 1863 Jonathan Hicklin was in Lafayette Co, MO. I show a McAlister who mar Ellen J Symantha Collier, b. 1880 in Murphy, Cherokee Co, NC.She died in 1957 in Atlanta, GA. John McAlister mar Harriet Cordelle Garland, b. 27 Jun 1866, Culberson, Cherokee Co, NC. She died 28 May 1940. Nancy McAlister mar John Walraven Jr. hey had a dau b. 3 Aug 1826 & died 23 May 1889, Gordon Co, GA. They had a dau Sarah. Chris McAlister mar Elise Glazier, dau of Dale & Annette Norwood (They are all still living. ) The McAlisters are connected to my other lines, not Hicklin.
Aline

mary fletcher (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2005 7:03PM GMT
Bob.. thank you for inquiring, but I am sorry to say that I have no new info on the hicklins. What my records show is the same as yours concerning the Mc Alisters. Best Regards, Mary Fletcher
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions