Search for content in message boards

SHIELDS IN N.Y.

SHIELDS IN N.Y.

Posted: 28 Dec 1999 9:07PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2002 6:24PM GMT
If any information sounds familiar to anyone please e-mail.I am in need of information on this line I have been posting for over a year and am getting no where.
My ggrandmother IS MARGARET SHIELDS B/2/22/1892 SHE HAD A BROTHER JOHN,A SISTER SUSAN,AND A SISTER ROSE.
THEIR MOTHER WAS MARY REYNOLDS AND FATHER WAS PATRICK SHIELDS AT THE TIME OF MARGARETS BIRTH THEY LIVED IN NEW YORK CITY.I'M TOLD PATRICK MAY OF HAD A BROTHER MICHAEL.
MARGARET HAD COUSINS NAMED HELEN,MAY,AND LILLIAN. LILLIAN MARRIED 2 TIMES 1ST WAS TO A
THOMAS F. HALLIGAN AND 2ND WAS TO A JOHN M. NEWMAN. MARGARET GAVE BIRTH TO A DAUGHTER IN 1913 IN NEW YORK NAMED VIOLA REYNOLDS HER DEATH CERT. STATES HER FATHER WAS SALVADOR DESMOND.MARGARET DIED IN 1959 IN ELLENVILLE N.Y. SHE HAD BEEN MARRIED TO A HERBERT KIRBY
VIOLA DIED IN 1952 SHE WAS MARRIED TO A THOMAS KELLY.
PLEASE E-MAIL IF YOU CAN HELP WITH ANY INFORMATION. LILOLME43@AOL.COM

Shields Family in NY

LILOLME43@AOL>COM (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1999 5:43PM GMT
My gggrandfather was Patrick Henry Shields.
b.1846
d.191
married .Mary J. Willey of Perry,WYO. Co.,NY

my gggrandfather was George Henry Shields
b.1876 in Portageville,NY
d.1949
m.Susan L. Killeen
b.1880
d1966

Somewhere in our tree is a May Reynolds McClurg,
I believe that her grandmother was a sister to
Patrick Henry Shields. It seems as if all Shield's
use the same given names over and over again.
let me know more about your tree and maybe I
can help.
Deborah Shields-Sciarrino
ajs@justicemail.com

B.1848

Shields Family N.Y.

Posted: 31 Dec 1999 12:31AM GMT
I really don't have to much on my shields all
I know is on my great grandmothers death certificate it states she was born in n.y.city
she was born Feb.22,1892 her father being Patrick Shields and mother being Mary Reynolds,my ggrandmothers name was Margaret Shields and she died in 1959 and the ss# on her death cert. comes up with the name of her last husband who was Herbert Kirby and he died in 1971 in Queens N.Y.She was also at one time married to a Salvador Desmond[I THINK]this was the name given as her daughters father,on her daughters death certificate and her daughter[Viola Kelly] had no ss# on her death certificate Kelly is
her marriage name she was given the name Reynolds at birth the name Reynolds was Margaret Shields mothers maiden name.Viola
married a 2nd time to a Stecki this name is also on her death certificate,when they entered in the name of deseased it says Viola
Stecki but above it they wrote also known as Viola Kelly[Kelley]. Margaret Shields had a brother John and a sister Susan and Rose both
sisters older than she was. Her cousins were
Helen,May,and Lillian. Lillian died in 1992
Hillsdale N.J.I have sent for birth records on Margaret and Viola but still have not received them.Margaret Shields raised my mother and her2 sisters and 1 brother when they were removed from the care or their mother in 1940,So the information about who the brothers and sisters and cousins were
of Margaret is from what my mother can remember of them she was very young and not much information was given to them.
Let me know if you can help as I have hit a brick wall can't get any further.
LILOLME43@AOL.COM

I didn''t post this message

Posted: 31 Dec 1999 1:34AM GMT
WHAT'S GOING ON I DIDN'T POST THIS MESSAGE
SO WHY IS MY E-MAIL ADDRESS BEING POSTED FOR ALL TO SEE? I RECEIVED AN E-MAIL SAYING I HAD
A RESPONSE TO MY MESSAGE SO I CAME TO THIS BOARD AND RESPONDED TO THE MESSAGE AND WHEN IT POSTED IT WAS SENT FROM ME. AM I THE ONLY ONE THIS HAPPENED TO?

Shields

Posted: 16 Jan 2000 8:42AM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2001 2:32AM GMT
I too have had a difficult time in tracing my Shields in NYC. I was interested in the mention of your Patrick maybe having a brother Michael. My ggrandfather was Michael J Shields 1823/33-1/29/1894 m Ermina Hutter 1863-2/13/1914 (Residing at 438 Bushwick Ave., Bklyn, NY). My grandfather, Eugene John Shields 1/1/1884-1/7/1969 m Mary Florence Smith 1877-2/3/1949. Their children were Thomas Eugene,(my father), Raymond, and Eugene Jr.- I have the majority of the family information from Michael on down, If there is any connection please contact.

TIA
Mary Anne Shields Abbott

Shields

Posted: 16 Jan 2000 11:46AM GMT
At this time I don't know if there is a connection really the only information I have
is what little bit my mother remembers as a child and the only dates I have are from my great grandmothers death certificate.
I do know my ggrandmother had cousins living
in the N.J.area her cousin Lillian died in 1992 age 89 so I just sent for cemetery records on her.I have been told she had a brother John and a sister Susan her older sister but have found nothing on them so far.
Her parents may have come over from Ireland.
Somewhere along the line my ggrandmother was either married to or was seeing a man by the name of Salvador Desmond he is listed as her daughters father,and all these years we thought her fathers name was Reynolds when it was margarets mothers maiden name.My ggrandmother [Margaret] lived in N.Y.C.and was
born there she worked in one of the Hospitals
and I'm told at one time lived above Hell's
Kitchen. Would you happen to know where this place is located? We think she lived in Manhattan,Queens,or Brooklyn.As far as Patrick and Michael my mother remembers only that Patrick had a brother Michael but doesn't remember much more it seems my ggrandmother didn't let them know to much.
My [ggm] Margaret raised all her daughters
children from 1940-41 when the courts removed
them from the care of their parents.Her daughter[Viola]died in 1952 in Manhattan.Viola's husband my grandfather was Thomas Kelly lived in Brooklyn and I have found nothing on him as I only have his name and a birth date which I don't know if it is right.I have been told that my ggrandmother
was in an orphanage from the age of 5-16 due to a fire she started when she was young. At the age of 16 her older sister went to get her out so to live with her and help with her children.As you can see I'm going by what my mother remembers and the one document I do have.I have been trying to obtain a copy of my ggrandmothers obituary but so far it has not been found.Let me know if anything here sounds familiar.

(Polly ) Mary Ann Shields

Howard and Carol (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2000 7:32AM GMT
Do you know if you are related to a Polly Mary Ann Shields. She married a John William Putnam.Send info to: sweetone@iolinc.net
Thanks.

Re: SHIELDS IN N.Y.

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 10:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Driscoll, O'Driscoll, Shields, Jessup, Donovan
My Great-Great Grandfather was Patrick Henry Shields born in Ireland in March of 1844 died in Dalton Massachusetts in March of 1913. He came to the US in 1858 and married Elizabeth (Donovan) Shields in 1868. Together they had Bridget A. (Delia) Shields 1869 – 1936, Elizabeth (Lizzie) Shields 1871 – ?, Michael Shields 1872 – ?, Patrick Shields 1873 – 1928, my Great-Grandfather James Shields 1874 – 1963, Annie Louise (Shields) Brennan 1878 – 1919, David H Shields
1879 – ?, John Edward Shields 1881 – 1926, Joseph W Shields 1883 – 1914, Mary E (Shields) Manion 1885 – 1978, and Julia E Shields 1887 – 1920. Any connections? Jim Driscoll seamusdd@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic