Search for content in message boards

Layne Shannon

Shannon Family

Dr. D. MacTavish (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shannon, Allen, Nelson
Ms. Neal,

I don't have Layne in my files, but we appear to be researching the same Shannon family line, of Wyoming Co., WV, which married into the Allen family and Nelson family of Wayne Co., WV.

If you'd like, e-mail me privately and let's compare notes.

Dr. D. MacTavish
E-mail: houseofeuropa@nii.net

Layne Shannon

Posted: 28 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2002 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: Shanon, Shannon
Seeking information on the Layne Shanon(Shannon) listed in the 1850 Wayne Co. census. Is he same Layne Shannon listed in the Wyoming Co. census ? Any information will be helpful.

Mary Neal

Re: Layne Shannon

Posted: 8 Mar 2009 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Shannon
Mary,

The Layne Shannon from Wyoming County (b. either 1789 or 1791) is my gggrandfather and probably not the same as the one from Wayne County. I would have to see more info on him to be sure. My stopping point in my research is Layne (of Wyoming Co). I cannot determine his father and mother with any certainty. Perhaps we could help each other?

Oke Shannon
Oke@msn.com

Re: Layne Shannon

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 5:38PM GMT
Mary,

According to the annotated 1850 census published by our Wayne County Genealogical & Historical Society, the Layne Shannon therein listed was the son of James Sahnnon & Jane Wallace. He was married to Miriam Hatton, the daughter of Phillip Sr. Hatton and Jane Cartmill.

If you have not been to our web site, you may find it at http://members.cithnet.net/wcghs

Howard Osburn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions