Search for content in message boards

Steele family from Hagerstown, MD

Steele family from Hagerstown, MD

Posted: 31 Oct 2000 2:23PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 5:45PM GMT
I am trying to trace our roots back on my father's side. My grandmother was from Hagerstown, MD and her family name is Steele. Any information on any living relatives is appreciated.

Steeles in Hagerstown Md.

Carol Steele Davis (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 9:28PM GMT
My great Grandfather was John Hetzer Steele born in Hagerstown Md.Sept 20,1836 died Nov. 2,1923 in Spearville Kans.

Reply to Carol Steele Davis

Posted: 27 Nov 2000 6:24AM GMT
Do you know if the entire family moved to Kansas or did some remain in Hagerstown?

John Hetzer Steele

Carol Steele Davis (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2000 8:54PM GMT
Married Hanna Ermina Keller and started their family in the Kirksville Mo area, and the two youngest were born in Harvey Co. Ks. Which is near Hutchinson Kansas. The names of their children were; William Joseph who was married to Letitia Bingham Plunkett, George Henry who was married to lena?, Minni Etla who never married, Emma Clara who married M. Stidman, Edward Lee (my grandfather) who married Viola Imel, Frank Westly who married Martie Walters, Mary Myrtle Who married Harvey Brown?, and Berthel Elmer who married Laura Greensburg.

Steele Family

Posted: 5 Dec 2000 6:17AM GMT
Thank you so much for the information. I have a lot of background work to do. I don't think that these families are related but you never know. I appreciate your efforts in getting this information to me. Good luck in your family search.

Was John the son of Jacob?

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 3:13PM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2002 9:39PM GMT
I am intrigued with your middle and last name -- the same as mine. My ancestor, Jacob STEELE had a son named John. Jacob probably lived part of his life in Bedford Co., PA. I am descended from his son George who was born in 1797, and who moved later to Ohio and then Indiana.

If you are interested in sharing more family data please contact me at"

dicdavis@yahoo.com

Cordially,

Richard STEELE DAVIS

John son of Jacob ?

Carol Davis (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 11:17AM GMT
The John Steele in our family is not the son of Jacob. He is the son of William Carpenter Steele and Mary Hetzer. Sorry, am looking for any sibblings of this John H. Steele though. thanks

Steele/Imel

Posted: 24 Feb 2001 12:12AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2002 1:02AM GMT
Hi - please contact me at ludlowbay@yahoo.com regarding descendants of Edward Lee Steele & Viola Imel. Chris

Re: John Hetzer Steele

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi My name is Jameson and I am Gerald's grandson and was wandering if you could tell me who William Carpenter Steele's father was. Any further information that you can give me on the male side would be great as well.

Re: John Hetzer Steele

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 8:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm also researching Will Carpenter Steele's ancestors. I found an immigration record in 1804 from England to Baltimore Maryland for "William Steele". I think that there is a good chance that this is WC Steele's father. He was born 5 years later. Just a theory, though.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions