Search for content in message boards

Josephine Potts, born 1870's in Georgia, m. M.C. Johnson in Hopkins Co, TX, USA

Josephine Potts, born 1870's in Georgia, m. M.C. Johnson in Hopkins Co, TX, USA

Posted: 7 Nov 2001 8:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Feb 2005 10:25PM GMT
Surnames: Potts, Johnson
Searching for any information on Josephine Potts, born 1870's in Georgia, married M.C. Johnson in Hopkins County, Texas in 1896. Daughter of John and Sarah Brown Potts, died in 1918 in Shreveport, Louisiana. John and Sarah died before 1910 and are buried in Saltillo, Texas. John and Sarah are listed in the 1900 census living in Hopkins County, Texas. They had eight children but none of the children are listed with them in the 1900 census.

Re: Josephine Potts, born 1870's in Georgia, m. M.C. Johnson in Hopkins Co, TX, USA

Posted: 20 Dec 2001 4:30AM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2004 5:02AM GMT
Surnames: POTTS
Bobby,

Moses Potts went to Georgia. I don't have much information on his descendents, but it might be worth it for you to look in that direction. Some Potts from his extended family settled in Texas.

Sherri

Ada Potts from Georgia b. May 1867, m. William Marion Campbell abt 1891

Posted: 18 Feb 2002 4:53PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2004 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: Potts, Campbell
My grandmothers mother was Ada Potts from Georgia born May 1867. I am trying to find out who her parents were. I wonder if they are related to your Ga Potts. Ada Married William Marion Campbell around 1891 and they lived in La Grange GA.

Re: Ada Potts from Georgia b. May 1867, m. William Marion Campbell abt 1891

Posted: 18 Feb 2002 5:11PM GMT
Edited: 24 Feb 2005 10:25PM GMT
Surnames: Potts, Brown
Its possible that your Ada and my Josephine Potts were related as they were born very close in time and both in Georgia. However, there were lots of Potts in Georgia both then and now. On Josephines death cetificate her parents are listed as John and Susie Brown Potts. Josephine was married to M.C. Johnson in Hopkins County, Texas in 1896. My father was born in Saltillo, Hopkins County, Texas in 1902. There are a John and Sarah Potts buried in the early 1900's in Saltillo which leads me to believe that they are Josephines parents. John and Sarah Brown Potts were married in Georgia.
Good luck,
Bobby

Moses Potts married Jane McKee and Elizabeth Neely, PA and NC, USA

Posted: 9 Nov 2003 8:27PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2004 5:05AM GMT
Surnames: Potts, McKee, Neely
I have a Moses Potts married Jane McKee and Elizabeth Neely. He was born about 1703, Jane and Moses had 4 children, William, James married Sara Morrison, Sarah, and Mary. Moses and Elizabeth had 7 children, Henry, Jane, Elizabeth, Rebecca, Stephen, Samuel, Moses. They came from Pennsylvania into Franklin North Carolina. If you think this is your line check out gencircles.com and do a search. I have most of my information there, or email me and I will get back to you.

Re: Moses Potts married Jane McKee and Elizabeth Neely, PA and NC, USA

Posted: 24 Mar 2004 6:25PM GMT
I have found information showing that Margaret Potts b 1748 in Iredell County, NC was the daughter of Moses Potts and Elizabeth Neely - however, this doesn't match the dates you have nor the names of the children. Any advice on where to go?

Brenda

Debbie Westbrook (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2004 1:34PM GMT
Surnames: Potts, Neely
Moses and Elizabeth did not marry until 1753, they settled in Iredell county in 1751 according to my records. Most of my information can be found in the book, The Heritage of Macon County, North Carolina. That is an ancestrial book of all the settlers of Macon County.

There are quite a few Moses back then. I also have several Margaret Potts, but they were born in the 1800s.

Jim Chapman (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2004 10:31PM GMT
I have a Margaret Potts, wife/daughter of Henry Potts. Henry Potts came to Rowan Co., North Carolina, about 1750. His son, James, is my gggg grandfather. See below for abstract of Henry's will.

"Will Book A, Rowan County Wills, Rowan County, North Carolina," copied and compiled by Mrs. Stable Linn, Jr., Regent, Elizabeth Maxwell Steele Chapter, DAR, Salisbury, North Carolina, November 15, 1968, p. 160

Date: February 18th 1775

Place: North Carolina, Rowan County
Testator: Henry Potts, Yeoman

Benefeciaries: Wife, Margaret Potts
Son, James Potts - Improvements lately purchased from John May on Lower Creek
Son, William Potts
Son, Henry Potts
Married daughter, Margaret
Married daughter, Mary
Married daughter, Sarah
Unmarried children

Executors: James Purviance, Andrew Morrison, Peter Thompson

Witnesses: Moses Potts, John Stewart, John McWhorter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions