Search for content in message boards

Ellen Davidson Kibbey

Ellen Davidson Kibbey

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 4:16AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Kibbey, Davidson
Looking for death or cemetery information for Ellen.
Ellen was the daughter of Isom and Elizabeth DAvidson, and married Frank Kibbey. Born about 1863. Family stories that were told was that Ellen died 3 weeks after my grandmother Nora Bell Kibbey White was born which would make that sometime mid to late June of 1901. If anyone has any information, please let me know. I cannot find death information or anything.

Re: Ellen Davidson Kibbey

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 11:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jan 2013 11:06PM GMT
Hi,
I found Ellen Samatha Davidson who married Frank Lawson Kibbey Feb.13.1891 Carter County,Kentucky.
The last census I found Ellen,her husband Frank and children were in the 1900 census of Kenton,Greenup County,Kentucky. I assume she died there after giving birth to her child in 1901.She was about 38 years old.
It says cause of death was Child Bed Fever,,infection in the mother following birth of a child. She is said to be buried at Grayson Memorial Cemetery,Grayson,Carter County,Kentucky.
I found Frank Lawson Kibbey died August 31,1929 in Carter County,Kentucky. He is buried at John Kibbey Cemetery,Carter County,Kentucky.
I hope this is the family you were looking for. I believe it is as her parents were Isom Davidson and Elizabeth Williams.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 1:31AM GMT
Thank you so much, where did you find h death information? I am visiting Kentucky in a couple of weeks an wanted to go to her gravesite.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 2:52AM GMT
I found it on ancestry where someone had it on there family tree.
Actually there was a picture of Ellen on there plus several other pictures. One also of Frank Kibbey her husband.
There were tombstones of her parents Isom Davidson and Elizabeth Williams.
I could send the pictures to you but I would have to have a e-mail which I am not sure you would want to put on here.
Are you a member of Ancestry? If so you probably could find them like I did. I am just happy to be able to help you find your family. My family was from Carter and Lewis County,Kentucky so when I saw you were looking for family there I wanted to see what I could do to help you. Hope you find your family when you go to Kentucky!!!

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 3:19AM GMT
Thank you so much. I do have the photos. I appreciate your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions