Search for content in message boards

Prestons of Ripon N Yorkshire 1800s

Prestons of Ripon N Yorkshire 1800s

Posted: 3 Aug 2003 8:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2003 12:02AM GMT
Surnames: Preston, Stower
John W Preston was born either 1844 or 1850 in Ripon N Yorks. In 1881 he was living in West Ham London and was an out-of-work sailor. His wife Mary Ann ne Stower came from Weymouth Dorset and their eldest child was born there. Her father was also a sailor. Who were John's parents and which birth year is correct? When did he arrive in Weymouth? What caused the family to move to London (there by 1878)? Any help appreciated.

Re: Prestons of Ripon N Yorkshire 1800s

Posted: 4 Jul 2006 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: PRESTON, WRIGHT
You might have already received a reply on this. I am currently researching the Prestons and I show John W.'s parents as Martin Preston (bc 1828 Ripon and married 6 Aug 1849) and Mary Ann (nee Wright - bc 1831 at Laverton, Yorkshire). This Martin's father was also Martin Preston (bc 1791 Yorkshire) and his wife was also a Mary (bc 1786).

I would be interested in sharing information with the hope that we can help each other.

Christine

Kim Reeve (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2006 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: Preston Stower Smith Godden Waldren
Hi Christine.

John W was my 2x Great Grandfather. I had found the two Martins and Mary Ann, but I thought the elder Martin was married to an Elizabeth. I'm happy to share what info I have. You can contact me at kimreeve@supanet.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kim

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 6:40PM GMT
Christine

Are you still researching the Prestons?

Joan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic