Search for content in message boards

Daniel F.B. Byington Farm Location & Info of him as Lee County High Sheriff 1900-06

Daniel F.B. Byington Farm Location & Info of him as Lee County High Sheriff 1900-06

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 8:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Byington, Cress, Salley, Collier, Hackney.
Hello, can anyone please tell me where Daniel F. Byington's Farm was located in Jonesville, Lee County, Va.?

I've heard it said that there is a Byington Family Cemetery on his farm somewhere along VA St road 58.?

If anyone has information about Daniel F. B. Byington being the High Sheriff of Lee County, Va 1900-06 please share this information. If anyone has an obituary to share about Daniel F.B. Byington, I'd appreciate it.

I know from visiting the National Archives in Wash,D.C. he was married to a Margaret Elizabeth nee Salley, she was the daughter of Harriet Virginia (nee Collier) Salley her father was Nathan Ahart Salley.

Any information about Daniel F.B. Byington that you can share is appreciated.

If anyone has information regarding Daniel F.B. Byington's will and land deed and location street address for his farm in Jonesville, Va please let me know.

The 1910 census shows him being a Farmer and Merchant possibly he owned a General ( Dry Good's ) Store in Jonesville, Va ?

Daniel Byington, is the son of Confederate War Veteran William J. Byington Lee Counties 21st Infantry Batt.
William J. Byington's father is Moses (Boynton) Byington who was a Hatter (hat maker) and he moved from Connecticut to Scott County, Virginia circa 1820.

Thanks for sharing any information you may have!
Cherokee Boynton.

Re: Daniel F.B. Byington Farm Location & Info of him as Lee County High Sheriff 1900-06

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 4:05PM GMT
Hi Cherokee. I have 8 pages of research on the Daniel B. Byington FAmily. William J. and DAniel B. Byington Lee Co., VA marriages, census records, Civil War muster records for William J., who married Mary Cress. I am a 3rd cousin of the grandchildren of Daniel B., (although I was never acquainted with them. Record of Daniel B. as merchant, Sheriff and farmer. Very few Lee Co., VA Byington cemetery records. other sources. Too much to e-mail. Please e-mail me your postal mailing address at: cressoakridge@aol.com. Nochrge. "Cousin" EdgarA. Cress. Cress genealogist and Lee Co., VA genealogical researcher.

Re: Daniel F.B. Byington Farm Location & Info of him as Lee County High Sheriff 1900-06

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 6:21PM GMT
Ed,many thanks from your 5th Cousin Cherokee Boynton.

I've sent you an email titled Hello Cuz, Ed. Cherokee Boynton Replying for Help!

Just want to say thanks on behalf of everyone you've helped here and for all you do for Lee County, Virginia researchers!

God Bless you,
Cuz Cherokee.

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 11:24PM GMT
Hi Cherokee. Thanks for the postal address and additional information. Will mail Tue. Apr. 2. Edgar. (86 yers old. Born i Wise co., VA. Grew up on a farm about 6 miles SW of Jonesville. I945-1946 in the Army Air Corps. Spent 1945 in Germany Occupation. Graduated from Lincoln Memorial University in 1951. Worked in Biochemical research 1951 to 1991, in Oak Ridge, Tn. Edgar.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions