Search for content in message boards

Louis Alliongton 1881-1958 (?)

Louis Alliongton 1881-1958 (?)

Posted: 23 Oct 2008 9:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allington
I am looking for information on my grandfather Louis Allington. I know that his first wife was named Louzia Whitney who died in 1926. Louis and her were separted in by 1923 when he lived in Hornell. I have been told he married again to a May Unknown and died in 1958. It would have been around June from family stories, also these stories say he was buried in the St. Ann's Cemetery. i have not been able to locate him anywhere. Any help or information any one has would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Louis Alliongton 1881-1958 (?)

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 1:32PM GMT
A Louis Frank Allington, b 1 May 1881, nearest relative Louzies F. Allington, registered for the draft 12 Sep 1918, residence Hudah St??, Elmira Heights, Chemung Co., NY.

In 1910, Lewis Allington and wife Louzies, son Frank, dau. Lorna?, son Thomas, live Heuday?? Avenue, Elmira (enumeration district 40), NY.

1920 - Louis Allington, age 37, b Pa, parents b PA, wife Lottie (36), ch. Frank, Leona, Thomas, Lena, Bertah and Theodore live on Owens Avenue in Horseheads.

Looks like maybe you should be looking more in Chemung County? ;-)

Posted: 25 Oct 2008 3:25PM GMT
I have all that information. Between the years of 1920 and 1923. He left his wife Louzia for another women amd moved to Hornell, NY. Louiza died in 1926 and Louis finally married the other women her name was May ?. Louis's daughter had went there to live with them for a few months before moving in with a family friend. My aunt beleives that he moved to a little town riht outside Hornell. He died in 1958( my aunt beleives it was in June)and was buried in the St. Ann,s cemetery according to my Aunt.

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 2:29AM GMT
Hi I don't have any information but my grandfather was Robert Alington and my great grandmother was Leona all that I know is he came to my great grandmother funeral but died a year later he did leave Louzia for another woman Louzia died of pneumonia the Whitneys called her Lottie

Benjamin Allington d 1828

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 3:01AM GMT
I'm looking for info on Benjamin ALLINGTON, died in NJ 1828.

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 11:38PM GMT
I know that Robert was listed on the census as being Lottie's son. After she died the kids got all separated and Aunt Leona took Robert with her because she was his actual mother. If you have any information on Robert or Leona that you be willing to share I would appreciate it. My email is angelmom2475@aol.com
Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions