Search for content in message boards

Moores'',N.Carolina

Moores'',N.Carolina

Roy Moore III (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 1999 5:50PM GMT
Looking for any information on the Moores'of Grimesland of Pitt county North Carolina. Some also may be in or from Greenville, NC. Relatives of Joshua Alexander Moore or his father, Calhoun Moore.

Moore's of Pitt Co.

Darlene Whitfield (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2000 7:54AM GMT
I have Moore's of Pitt Co., Family was from the Farmville - Fountain area. His name was James (Jimmie) Richard David Moore, wife was Minnie Florence Walls. They had 15 children, -boys - Cleveland (Bud), Roy West, Hal,Andrew Paul - girls - Bessie, Minnie, Mamie, Mildred, Nettie, Lillian, Elma, this is most of them. Some died at early ages. Would love to share information on these.

Reply to Darlene Whitfield

Gwen Pearsall (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2000 6:00AM GMT
Hi Darlene I am a Moore descendant my ggrandmother was Alice Moore,I found her listed in the census of 1910 Poplar point township. She was 51 at the time. Do you know anything about her? gwen

Moore Family

Darlene Whitfield (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2000 8:27AM GMT
Gwen, what county and state is this 1910 Census for? I am still researching some of my Moore family. There is also another set of Moore's that live in the same area. Churchwell Moore is part of that group, along with Isreal and Iredell.

Moore

Gwen Tuck Pearsall (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2000 1:57PM GMT
Darlene The Census for Alice and her Children was Martin County. The people you speak of my have come from the other set of Moore's they are related but I don't Know how. I am trying to get that information now, my mother said they start from Elizabeth city. My first set started in Edgecomb County. Gwen

Looking for Moore Family of LA

Henry Moore (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2000 12:56PM GMT
Henry Moore was married to Rena Neal
they lieved in Homer La. Where a girl
child was born to them. Clild name was
Hattie Roselee Moore. There was two sons. They where Mr. Moore's sons name
Ika and Lige Moore. There was a Lage
Moore, Ann Neal wilay. Henry passed 1926.

Looking for Ika Moore

Lka Moore (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2000 1:32PM GMT
Had half sister name Hattie Roselee
Moore, born in Homer LA.

Re: Moore's of Pitt Co.

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: More-Manning
I am hoping you can help me. My grandmother was named Minnie Moore. She would have been born approx.1892 and died in 1935-36 in childbirth.She was married to Benjamin Manning and had 14 children.Does this make any sense to you in your family tree?Thanks!

Re: Moores'',N.Carolina

Posted: 4 Sep 2002 8:11PM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2003 8:48PM GMT
Hi,
I am 18 years old and I am researching my ancestors. I searching for the MOORE's of Beaufort County and then what is later known as Pitt County.
Cason Moore's father was Moses Moore Jr., and his father was Moses Moore Sr., and his father was Jacob Moore. I know that Cason Moore died abt. 1833 and Moses Moore Sr. died abt. 1807. I am interested in knowing who are the parents of Jacob Moore and so on...... Cason Moore gives the land to his family which is stated in his deed:
"Division of land of Cason Moore, deceased, 1833; heirs
1)Ezeriah Moore, 2) Washington Moore, 3) Nancy Moore,
4) John Davenport & wife Louisa (Moore), 5) Albert
(Olbert) Moore, 6) Stanley Moore, 7) Cason Moore, 8)
Reuben Davenport & wife Rebecca (Moore).
If you have any information about this family I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Michael Andrews

Re: Moores'',N.Carolina

Posted: 11 Sep 2002 2:36AM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2003 8:48PM GMT
I am 18 years old and I am researching my family from Beaufort County and then what was later known as Pitt County, NC. Pitt County was formed from Beaufort County after a certain year. My ggg-grandmother Rebecca Moore was married to Reuben
Davenport. Rebecca's father was Cason Moore, his father was Moses Moore Jr., his father
was Moses Moore Sr., and his father was Jacob Moore. Jacob was born in the
early 1700's. If you have any information about this family I would greatly
appreciate it.
Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic