Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Neil Peacock, County Antrim, Ireland, Scotland and New Jersey USA.

Descendants of Neil Peacock, County Antrim, Ireland, Scotland and New Jersey USA.

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 12:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Peacock, McKean
Descendants of Neil Peacock. I am trying to find out any information I can on the family of Neil Peacock born in County Antrim, Ireland possibly around 1800.

Generation No. 1

1. Neil PEACOCK was born in County Antrim, Ireland ?, and died Bef. 29 May 1863. He married Margaret MCAULAY in Ireland. She was born Abt. 1805 in County Antrim, Ireland ?

Known child of Neil PEACOCK and Margaret MCAULAY is:

William PEACOCK, b. Abt. 1835, County Antrim, Ireland; d. Bet. 1891 - 1901.

Generation No. 2

2 William PEACOCK was born Abt. 1835 in County Antrim, Ireland, and died Bet. 1891 - 1901. He married Marion MACKIE on the 29th of May 1863 in Ayrshire, Scotland, UK., daughter of James MACKIE and Agnes WATSON. She was born Abt. 1845 in Kilbirnie, Ayrshire, Scotland, UK., and died Aft. 1901.

Children of William PEACOCK and Marion MACKIE are:

i. Maggie PEACOCK, b. Abt. 1865, Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK..
ii Marion PEACOCK, b. Abt. 1867, Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
iii. William PEACOCK, b. Abt. 1870, Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK..
iv. James PEACOCK, b. Abt. 1872, Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK..
v. Thomas PEACOCK, b. Abt. 1874, Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK..
vi. John PEACOCK, b. Abt. 1878, Govanhill, Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK..
3. vii. Matthew PEACOCK, b. 30 Oct 1883, 39 Brandon Street Glasgow, Scotland, UK.; d. Jun 1963, New Jersey, USA..

Generation No. 3

3. Matthew PEACOCK (William 2, Neil1) was born 30 Oct 1883 in 39 Brandon Street Glasgow, Scotland, UK., and died Jun 1963 in New Jersey, USA.. He married Georgina Wilson MCKEAN on the 26 Sep 1902 at 22 Abbotsford Place Glasgow Reg Nr 483, daughter of Allan MCKEAN and Helen MCFARLANE. She was born on the 06 Jan 1884 in 14 Logan Street Glasgow, Scotland (Reg Nr 183), and died Bef. 1946 in Rutherford, Bergen County, New Jersey, USA..

Matthew Peacock sailed from the Port of Glasgow 9th of June 1911 on the S.S. Numidian to America arriving at the Port of Boston Massachusetts on the 19th of June 1911. His destination in America was given as New York.

His wife Georgina Peacock of Sloan Street Glasgow was given as contact in Scotland and a friend Thomas Phillips of Chapel Street Brooklyn NY as contact in America.

His Brother in Law George McDonald husband of Agnes McKean also migrated to America on the same ship.

Georgina Peacock (nee McKean) sailed from the Port of Glasgow on the 21st of July 1911 on the S.S. Parisian with her children to join her husband Matthew in America arriving at the Port of Boston Massachusetts on the 31st of July 1911. Her destination in America was given as New York.

Her sister Mrs Ellen Johnston (nee McKean) of 57 Harvey Street Glasgow was given as contact in Scotland and her husband Matthew Peacock of 141 Johnston Street Brooklyn NY as contact in America.

Her sister Agnes McDonald and her children wife of George Mcdonald also migrated to America on the same ship.

Children of Matthew PEACOCK and Georgina MCKEAN are:

i. Helen MCFarlane PEACOCK, b. 27 Dec 1902, Wolseley Street, Glasgow, Scotland,UK.; d. 1904, Bridgeton, Glasgow, Scotland, UK..
ii. Marion Mackie PEACOCK, b. 03 Jul 1904, 54 Cramond, Street, Glasgow, Scotland, UK.; d. Apr 1982, Garfield, Bergen County, New Jersey 07026, USA; m. FRANK PAUL ALFONSO, Abt. 1923, New Jersey, USA.; b. Italy.
iii. Georgina PEACOCK, b. 21 Sep 1906, 11 Elinfoot Street, Glasgow, Scotland,UK.; d. Bef. 1987.
iv. Agnes PEACOCK, b. 02 Mar 1909, Glasgow, Scotland, UK; d. Jun 1986, Paterson, Passaic County, New Jersey, USA.; m. Herman A CONRAD, Abt. 1930, New Jersey, USA.; b. Abt. 1911, New Jersey, USA.; d. 07 Jun 1985, Paterson, Passaic County, New Jersey, USA. Agnes and Herman Conrad had 2 children, four grandchildren and a great grandchild

V. Isabella Clark PEACOCK, b. 31 Dec 1910, Hutchesontown, Glasgow, Scotland,UK.; d. 02 Jun 1987, East Rutherford, Bergen County, New Jersey, USA.

vi. Matthew PEACOCK, b. 23 May 1912, New Jersey, USA.; d. 31 Jul 1989, Paramus, Bergen County, New Jersey, USA.; m. JOAN SANCIENTO; d. 1980. Surviving are a son, a daughter, six grandchildren, and a great-grandson.

vii. William PEACOCK, b. Dec 1915, New Jersey, USA.; d. Jan 1972.

Any information I receive as a result of this post woud begratefully received.

Regards

Alan Paul
Victoria Australia.

Re: Descendants of Neil Peacock, County Antrim, Ireland, Scotland and New Jersey USA.

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 9:39PM GMT
Hi,
I am also trying to find info on Neil Peacock but having noluck.

I am also a descendant of William and Marion Peacock.
John Neil Peacock was my Grandfather brother of Mathew.

Re: Descendants of Neil Peacock, County Antrim, Ireland, Scotland and New Jersey USA.

Posted: 24 Dec 2010 12:21PM GMT
Hi dspavo I am researching the descendants of Matthew Peacock born 1883 and Georgina Wilson McKean. Georgina being the sister of my Grandmother. I am also trying to see if I can find something on Neil Peacock and his family members for a descendant of Matthew.

I have noticed your entries on Ancestry and will contact you later re these.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year

Alan in Victoria, Australia

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: Peacock, Smith in Derry and Antrim
I am researching Peacocks and Smiths in Derry and Antrim. Below are extracts from an 1831 census remnant...two Neal Peacocks. There are no Neal Peacocks in Griffith's Valuation (presumably gone to Scotland by that time). The Parish of Ballyrashane is mostly in Derry but several townlands are in Antrim.

BALLYRASHANE Parish, DERRY
The townlands in Derry are:
*Articrunnagh, Ballindreen, Ballynag, Ballyvelton, Ballyversal, Cloyfin, Glebe, *Gorticloughan, Islandeffrick, Kirkistown, Knocknekeeragh, Lisnagalt, Liswatty.

BALLYRASHANE Parish, ANTRIM
The townlands in Antrim are:
Ballywatt, Bushmills, Windyhall

I think Crimagh and Clougham in the census transcription are short forms for *Articrunnagh and *Gorticloughan. This census was transcribed a number of years ago from an LDS film. I have tried to find it again without luck, but suspect it is listed under Derry or Londonderry (not Ballyrashane or Coleraine).

Vol. 9 - Parish of Ballyrashane in Liberties of Part of Coleraine
(Remainder of the parish is in Barony of Dunless, Antrim Co.)
p. 1 - Robert Peacock, 4 Ballyversal, 4 males, 4 females, Presb.
p. 4 - Mary Peacock, 9 S. Crimagh, 3 females, Presb.
...... - Neal Peacock, 20 S. Crimagh, 5 males, 3 females, Presb.
...... - Hugh Peacock, 21 S. Crimagh, 3 males, 1 female, Presb.
...... - William Peacock, 25 S. Crimagh, 4 males, 3 females, Presb.
p. 3 - James Smith, 4 Crimagh, 3 males, 3 females, Presb.
p. 7 - Neal Peacock, 24 Clougham, 2 males, 2 females, Presb.
p. 10 - Wm Smyth, 22 Liswatty, 2 males, 1 female, Presb.
........ - Matthew Smith, 9 Ballymagy, 3 males, 7 females, Presb.
p. 13 - Simmon Smith, 19 Govey(?)sflush, 1 males, 1 female

I suspect that my ancestor is the William above. My ancestor, Thomas, came to Canada in 1865-66 with adult children Catherine and Frederick and younger children John, Hugh and Robert.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions