Search for content in message boards

Union Dale Cemetary

Uniondale

Posted: 25 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2002 10:33AM GMT
Uniondale Cemetery is now part of Pittsburgh and can be reached at 2200 Brighton Road Pittsburgh Pa. 15212-----{412}-321-0774 Allegheny was annexed to Pgh. in 1907

Union Dale Cemetary

Posted: 25 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2005 7:46PM GMT
Surnames: Chambers

John Shefford Chambers died in Alleghany City, Alleghany Co., PA in 1899. (I understand that Allehany City became northern section of Pittsburgh.) Death certificate states he was buried in Union Dale (?) cemetary. Is this in Alleghany Co.?

Allegheny City

Hugh Fawcett (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Chambers
Hi Gretchen,My Ancestors are buried in UnionDale Cemetery and that is the NorthSide of Pittsburgh PA now see back in 1907 the City Of Pittsburgh anexed the City of Allegheny and it than became known as the NorthSide of Pittsburgh My father William Fawcett and his Father Hugh Small Fawcetts Family lived on HodgeKiss Street and my Great Grandfather lived over their also his name was William John Fawcett they arrived in the City of Allegheny around 1903 and was Naturalized in 1908.Have you ever heard of the Fawcett Family.If I can be of any help please e-mail me at pickles@nb.net My Grandfather started Our business down on Spring Garden Avenue and they had three plants down there.the name of the Company was Lee-Thompson-FawcettCo,the Brand name was BellView Brand Food Products and we are now located in Penn PA in Westmoreland County but we are seventy years old and when my grandfather started working he was a clerk for the Lutz&Schramns Co in Pittsburgh known as the L&S Label,we are a food company and have such items as condiments,juices,olives,vinegarss,syrups,peanutbutter,popcorn,cheeries,pasta,tomatos,sauces,etc about 700 items.He was born in Toomebridge,Antrim County,Northern Ireland in 1894. Nice Chatting Stay in Touch.Hugh Fawcett

Re: Allegheny City

Posted: 5 Jul 2005 4:54AM GMT
Surnames: Fawcett, Finn
Hugh,

Have you ever heard of David Thomas and Marion Fawcett? They lived in a home on Brighton Road since 1940. David's relatives built the house. Members of the Fawcett family lived in the home until 1990. They are also interred in UnionDale cemetery III. Might these be connected to your family in some way?

I have more info. Please email me.

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 9:13PM GMT
Hello Gretchen, I mainly research The Fawcett Family from Grange of Ballyscullion,Grange,Millquarter,Taylorstown/Toomebridge,Ballymena,Colerane, in Antrim County,Ulster,Northern Ireland and The John Dougherty,Daugherty Family from Penn Township,Westmoreland County,PA Area. If I can be of any help let me know. My old email address was pickles@nb.net my new email address is lkyspgot57@aol.com I am from Greensburg,PA.

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 9:48PM GMT
Hi jillianfinn, Yes the Thomas and Fawcett connection I would love to know more about see my Grandparents Hugh Small Fawcett born 1894 in Taylorstown/Toomebridge,Antrim,Ulster,Northern Ireland his parents were My Great Grandparents William John Fawcett born January 26, 1863 in Millquarter,Antrim,Ulster,Northern Ireland and they immigrated from Londonderry(Old Derry) to New York City,NY and arrived in NYC than went to Allegheny City in September 7, 1902 than in 1907 the City of Pittsburgh,PA annexed Allegheny City and it became the NorthSide of Pittsburgh,PA and My Grandfather Hugh S. Fawcett married Janette Woodburn in 1918-1919 than moved to Hodgekiss Street off of Brighton Road and My Great Grandparents William John Fawcett & Elizabeth Small born in Ballymena,Antrim and William John & Elizabeth lived at 48 Brightridge Street ( Place ) off of Brighton Avenue with UnionDale cemetery between Hodgekiss Street and Brightridge Street on Brighton Avenue and see all the Fawcett Families attended 2nd/5th Presbyterian Church at 1700 Brighton Avenue and the minister was Rev. Nevin and My Great Uncle Courtney and Great Aunt Dorothy lived in Bellvue,PA he was born in 1892-1893 in Toomebridge,Antrim,Ulster,Northern Ireland their oldest brother was William John born in 1888 in Antrim married to Anna Hanna and their sister Jane known as Jenny born in 1896 in Toomebridge, Antrim, and their other brother was Morrison born in 1901 in Toomebridge,Antrim than their parents took their family to Londonderry to immigrate to New York City,New York and than went south to Allegheny City,PA arriving in Sept 7, 1902 than William & Elizabeth had their last child in 1907 and he was born in 48 Brightridge Street and died in 1975 in Pittsburgh,PA. Please any help I could be please feel free to ask and maybe we can make another Fawcett Connection. I live in Greensburg,PA and my old email address was pickles@nb.net my new email address is now lkyspgot57@aol.com please get in touch with me. Yours Truly, Hughie Fawcett

Re: Union Dale Cemetary

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 3:06AM GMT
Hello,How are you? Yes UnionDale Cemetery is on Brighton Avenue on the NorthSide of Pittsburgh,PA . Still looking for The Fawcett Conection from Grange of Ballyscullion and Grange and Ballymena and Millquarter in Antrim tie into NW Yorkshire . But I believe they were from the Ravonsdale Area and when I find it I will let you know. I hope all is well with your family. May God Bless You Always, Yours Truly, Hughie Fawcett If there is a Fawcett ReUnion would you please let me know it was very enjoyable.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions