Search for content in message boards

surnames Kobor and Bencze

cindy kobor june (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2001 3:15AM GMT
looking for links Maria(Mary)Bencze born Nov.12,1885 in Nadasd,Hungary parents Gorgy Bencze and Katalina Cszzmazia(SP) Married Joseph Kobor in 1904 in Nadasd catholic church of Blessed Sacrament. Came to USA around 1911,Settled in St.Louis Missouri USA,later moved to Gansevoort,New york USA. Brothers, John and Peter,stayed in Hungary .Joseph Kobor born 1879 ,fathers name Fereue Kobor, mothers name Rozalia Szues .Any information would be greatly appreciated.last living child is age 84 years old (julian)my dad would like to give him some imfo on his parents past

Robert Jerin (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2001 9:27AM GMT
NADASD (TRSTENA NA OSTROVE) Slovakia 23.9 miles SE of Bratislava, near present day Hungarian border.

http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm

Both surnames listed at FamilySearch, Hungary, Austria and Prussia.

http://www.familysearch.com/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

BENCZE family forum

http://www.genforum.genealogy.com/bencze/

Re: surnames Kobor and Bencze

Posted: 2 Oct 2001 3:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jul 2002 10:04AM GMT
Beeing hungarian I beg your pardon to correct you how to spell and write your hungarian family names.(probably you red a manusrcipt, thats why...)
1.instead of "Gorgy" please write Gyorgy or better György, it means Georg
2. instead of "Cszzmazia" please use Csizmazia, or Czizmadia. The first is an ancient form, the second is more contemporary, means "boot-maker".
3. instead of Fereue use Ferenc, it means Frank, in german Franz.
4. instead of "Szues" please use Szűcs, or without "ű" Szucs, because Szűcs is a hungarian family name, means "furrier, fur-trader" the form Szues has no idea, there are no family name such this.
Finally I want to inform you, that "Kobor" is Kóbor, means "vagrant,roving,strolling,vagabond, errant". - one of this.
The form Katalina isn't a hungarian form. Correctly Katalin, in form Katalina I feel some slavic (slavonic) influence.
I dont want to disturb you, but i hop I could help you find the correct formes of the names.
Otherwise there are no city "Szesod" in Hungary, probably Szeged ?
Best regards

Re: surnames Kobor and Bencze

Posted: 4 Nov 2001 8:28PM GMT
Cindy,

There were more locations named Nadasd in Hungary. One of them named also Csallokoznadasd is now in Slovakia, as you know from a previous reply to your message. I live in Samorin, Slovakia, what is close to the Nadasd (now named Trstena na Ostrove). If your querry is still actual, let me know, I may check if there was a church of Blessed Sacrament.

Peter

Csizmazia

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 9:00PM GMT
Are there any Csizmazia's out there?

Re: Csizmazia

Denise (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2002 1:55AM GMT
My ggrandmother's maiden name was Csizmadia or Czizmadia. My grandmother pronounced her mother's maiden name as Chizmadia. I have not been able to find any documentation with her maiden name spelled out. The only information I have is the location of her marriage. She was married in Agard which became Zemplenagard.
Denise

Julius (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2002 4:04AM GMT
Surnames: Csizmazia
My ancestry is definitely Csizmazia going back pretty far. I know that Csizmazia may have originated from Csizmadia but that must have been many centuries ago because I have seen the family charts and they are all Csizmazia.

Thanks!

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 11:47PM GMT
My mother's maiden name is Csizmazia de Somogy. Her father came from Holland.

Posted: 13 Oct 2004 4:39AM GMT
Kim,
I'm not trying to be funny, but Csizmazia is one of those names, couldn't come from anywhere else but Hungary or historical Hungary, unless your granpa or his ancestors moved to Holland from Hungary first. Somogy is a County in western Hungary just below the big lake of Balaton, can't miss it on any map. But that's not enough to start a research there, because Csizmazia although being an archaic name (for Csizmadia), is still a very common name in Hungary. The search should start in Holland, and you'll find they moved there years ago or centuries ago from Hungary. I'm proud, that my surname also has an association with Somogy, if only as a title Head of:
http://flemingmultimedia.com/Genealogy/MihalyKupanofSamogy.h...
With regards from Calif.
Joseph (Kupan of Somogy)

kim thomas (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2004 1:31PM GMT
dear Joseph, Thank you so much for responding to my post. I have more information about my family. My great-grandfather's name was Victor Somogyi Csizmazia, Great-grandmother Johanna Welker of Indonesia ,her father Johann Welker. I have many relatives living in Europe(Holland, Zurich ,Switzerland). I believe the great-grandparents met and lived in Indonesia until after WWII. They and some of their children were held in Japanese Concentration Camp for a time during the War. After that they moved to Holland. Thank you so much for all the links that came with your post reguarding the royal bloodline-very interesting. If you have more information that you think would interest me, please send it. sincerely, Kim PS What is a title Head?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic