Search for content in message boards

Schiestel, Stan

Schiestel, Stan

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 11:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schiestel, Hall, Walker
Looking for members of the Schiestel family that lived at Provost, Alberta. Bio mother (Eleanor (Hall) Stephens) grew up at Provost. Gave birth April 28, 1951 in Edmonton. Adopted by sister Mabel (Hall) & Earl Walker. Need family members to contact me for a possible DNA test.

Re: Schiestel, Stan

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: SCHIESTEL
Hi, Have you searched Online White Pages Directory
MyTelus.com

cheers, Stella

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 2:11AM GMT
MyTelus.com

cheers, Stella

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 2:12AM GMT
MyTelus.com

cheers, Stella

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 5:01AM GMT
I did a Google search for the name above and this is what came back

TOSCZAK - Marie Tosczak (nee Schiestal), late of Lumsden, SK., passed away peacefully on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 at the age of 90 years. Marie was predeceased by her husband Gus, daughter Shirley (John) Golden, and grandson David Decker, two brothers Norbert and Stan Schiestel. Left to celebrate her life is her daughters, Gail (Lorne) Stockbrugger of Lumsden, SK., Marlene Decker of Estevan, SK., Julie (Bill) Volden of Lancer, SK., sons Stan (Mary) Tosczak of Red Deer, AB., and Lawrence (Carol) Tosczak of Saskatoon SK. Marie is also survived by twenty-three grandchildren, forty-three greatgrandchildren and three sister-in-laws, Em Tosczak of Tribue, SK., Leanne Wills of Vernon, B.C., and Aaffie Schiestel of Sarina ON., also numerous nieces and nephews. A funeral mass will be at a later date in Lumsden. Donations may be made to the Lumsden Heritage Home, Lumsden, SK. Arrangements are in the care of LEE FUNERAL HOME 757-8645

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 3:04PM GMT
The Master Surname Index (not online) (mostly burials in Alberta cemeteries) of the Alberta Genealogical Society lists these names;

Cecilia SCHIESTEL, 1884 - 1944 w/o Edward, buried in Milmay Ont.
Edward Michael SCHIESTEL, 1893 - 1941
Michael SCHIESTEL, 1861 - 1939
burial in the St Norbert cemetery, Provost.

Other SCHIESTEL burials in Edmonton.

For further research please contact the Research Committee of the Edmonton Branch.
http://abgensoc.ca/

The Edmonton Branch
http://www.agsedm.edmonton.ab.ca/
Peter

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Schiestel
My grandfather's brother was named Stanley Schiestel. He was from Provost, AB. My father and my grandfather were also born in Provost.

Posted: 7 Apr 2012 1:11AM GMT
Surnames: schiestel
My father was Norbert Schiestel (Stan's older brother)and they had a sister Marie. They grew up in Provost and the Hall family were neighbors. Stan married late in life and resided in Peace River Alberta. He was a forest ranger in the summer as well as a bar tender in the winter months
The only Schiestel relatives living would be your cousins.
My Mother told me that Stan was quite close with one of the Hall girls but did not remember her name.
Wish you all the best on your journey to finding out the truth about your birth father - if it was Stan, I must tell you that he was quite a jokester. I only met him a few times since we live in Ontario.

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 7:11PM GMT
was you grandfather by any chance Norbert Schiestal

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 7:19PM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2012 7:26PM GMT
Is there any chance that you would have a picture of him?
Eleanor Hall married Percy Ste[hens who was a good friend of Stan's
I remember stories of how Eleanor was not going to marry Percy but wanted to marry Stan. My grandfather would not hear of it, so the marriage of Eleanor & Percy proceeded. They had twin sons and she left Percy. I was born while she was working at Legal and given up the day I was born. Eleanor did not want Percy to know about me because he would want the twins back. I was legally adopted by( Mabel Hall & Earl Walker) when I started school in 1956. This was kept a family secret until the last few years. Family members have come up with 3 names. One has already been eliminated. The 2nd is questionable because of the timeline when Eleanor taught school at Boyle and became pregnant with her daughter after my birth.
I need to find a family member who is willing to have an DNA test done for a process of elimination.

I would like to know more about Stan & Norbert & Marie.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions