Search for content in message boards

family

family

Seth A. Deen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2001 11:06AM GMT
I would like to research my linneage back as far as possible!Also, I would like to say hello to all the Deens that are out there!!!!

Deen research

Kim Selby (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2001 6:44PM GMT
My great-grandmother was a DEEN. We traced the history all the way back to 1638.
I would be glad to share any information we have.

Re: Deen research

Posted: 19 Nov 2001 10:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2002 11:02PM GMT
are any of your deen's from tn/sc/nc. possibly a jesse/jessie deen, john thomas, t.h.?

Posted: 19 Sep 2002 2:09PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jun 2003 10:29PM GMT
Do you have any info on the Deen/Dean families from South Georgia/North Florida? Especially James Deen/Dean, and wife Temperance Brock. Found in 1850 Decatur Co. census a listing for James, Temperance, Nancy [age 1] and Pheriba [his mom? age 48] James may of had a sister, Mary who married an Avery, both Mary and her husband died on the same day in Jackson Co. Fl. leaving behind a small son, Daniel Avery, who was then raised by James and Temperance Dean/Deen in the Bainbridge, Ga. area. Thanks for any and all help.

Posted: 13 Nov 2002 7:33AM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2003 3:49PM GMT
I have a Jesse deen in my family born in NC moved to GA about 1818 his father was Nathan Deen born in VA about 1764 Will be glad to share info on all 4,000 descendants

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 12:09AM GMT
Did any of your Deen/Dean family end up in Decatur/Grady/or any of the south Ga / N. Fl. area? I am looking for James Deen, later name changed to Dean, born Jan 3, 1825. {wife Temperance Brock} Have information after that, but can't find his parents, only clues are Pheriba Deen listed in household in the Decatur Co, 1850 census. and that he probably had a sister: Mary, who married John Avery, approx 1857, living in Jackson Co. Fl. 1860 census, along with their son Daniel Avery,{age 2} who was then raised by James and Tempty Dean, when Mary and John Avery both died/killed on same day in Jackson Co. Fl. in approx 1862. John Avery's parents lived a few houses down from Mary and John, yet Daniel was sent to live with James and Tempty, so this makes me think that Mary and James Deen were brother/sister. any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 3:26PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2004 10:57PM GMT
Surnames: Dean Deen
The name Temperance has come up during my research. However, it is only oral history from an elderly uncle and he does not know the connection. The other names you mentioned are not familiar to me. All of the Deen's I mentioned in my original posting are from Covington/Jeff Davis county MS. My father, John Emmett Deen, moved to north Florida around 1955 and I was born in Pensacola. As far as I know, there are no other North Florida connections.

sarah williams (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2004 2:42AM GMT
I am seeking info on Tom Dean/Deen m. Lizzie Blankenship 04 MAY 1899 in Vereton, Indian Territory, Oklahoma. Daughter named Gertrude Alice Dean/Deen. Any relation?

Harold Dean (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2004 3:15PM GMT
No relation that I am able to trace. There were two Deen's arriving in Virginia, one in the 1690's and the other about 1740. I am trying to see which, if either, I am related to.
My family moved to NC during/after the Revolutionary war and then to Georgia.

Billy Deen (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2004 12:09PM GMT
Do you have any info on these 2 deens? Full names, children, dob, etc?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic