Search for content in message boards

Hoge/Hogue/Hogg

Hoge/Hogue/Hogg

Lynn (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 1999 10:02PM GMT
Attempting to fill in holes in this family line
My line is posted on my web site at: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/6810/
Please email if you link.

holes?

Marianne (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 1:51PM GMT
Your weblink is down, says it has been move but does not redirect to correct site.

Website

Lynn (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 7:57AM GMT
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/6810/
The site is still up, I am using it right now. It may have been a server problem.
Sorry about that

Hoge/Hogue---A link??

Richard C. Hogue (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 12:15PM GMT
George Hoge; B:1708, Decar Grove, Va.;D:(abt) 1800::Farther to John Hoge; B: 1745, Fredrick, Va.;D: 1836::Father to Willaim G. Hogue Sr.; B: 1787, York Co, Sc.;D: 1865--Thus the Hoge became Hogue

Hoge

LA Ross (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2000 4:26PM GMT
Hi Richard,
Would you please email me at handlr@aol.com.
I will be gone for about a week but I'll reply when I return.
Lynn

William Barbara Hoge

MrsHogg2B (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 5:36PM GMT
Lynn,
Hi! My name is Laurel Johnson. I read your post at the Hoge/Hogue Surname message board and went to your webpage. (Nice page, by the way!) I too am researching the Hoge/Hogg line and William is one of my fiance`s (Hogg) ancestors as well. I would like to offer a correction to an error I found on your page. You may find it helpful with further research, as there is alot of information about William and Barbara Hoge. Her maiden name was HUME, not HERNE.
They both came to America aboard The Caledonia in 1682. With her were both of her parents who died while en route. Barbara was sent to live with her uncle in NY. After she became of age, William came to NY and took her back to Perth Amboy, NJ where they married in 1689. They are both buried at the old Opequon Church cemetery in Kernstown, Frederick Co., VA. I have alot more info should it be of any interest to you.

While I am here, I would like to request info from anyone else regarding a son of William from a previous marriage back in Scotland. He had a son named James who was born in 1680, 2 years prior to his immigration to America. Is anyone else researching the Hoge/Hogg line in the Edinburgh, Midlothian, Berwick area in Scotland?

Laurel

Hoge

Lynn (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 9:24PM GMT
Thank you, the error is an old one,I discovered it long ago, I don't update the pages any longer. I may update them once more but probably not, but thank you.

Re: William Barbara Hoge

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 5:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hogue, Martin, White, Stewart
I have traced my ancestry to Will and Barbara. thru their son, William>George>William>Jesse>James A.> Samuel > Grady Hogue of Blacksburg, Cherokee, SC. Grady was my grandfather. His mother, Alice P. Martin also came from Hogues,(I hope from a different line!) Alice < Mary Ellen Hogue Martin < ? Hogue and Malissa Stewart. Do you have any info on this line of Hogues. They mostly resided in York Co., SC. Can you help?

Re: William Barbara Hoge

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoge, Hogue
Hello,
My connection to William Hoge and Barbara Hume is different than yours, so I probably can't help much. Mine is William>William>Solomon>William>Kenworthy>James Clayton (my 2nd great grandfather). They were mostly from Loudoun Co., VA and then Kenworthy came to Ohio. The relatives I knew were from Massilllon, OH. Also, James Clayton's wife and three of his children ended up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

I search every lead and have found a lot through old newspaper archives, grave stones, personal property tax records, wills, and estate appraisals. I also Google the names of some of the married couples and where they resided. Doing this has brought up a few bios. Check with the counties they lived in, too. Some have old records and can help you.

Best of luck in your search.

~Elizabeth
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions