Search for content in message boards

Tubb(s) in Perry Co. AL

Tubb(s) in Perry Co. AL

Posted: 31 Aug 2003 1:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jun 2006 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: TUBB-TUBBS
I am trying to put into family groups the Tubb(s) in Perry Co AL. Can someone help me. I know John C Tubb born 1758 married Karranhappuck and his kids but not sure of siblings etc.. He is an ancestor on my 1st husband and there for my childrens ancestor... In 1870 there is a John Tubbs married to Eliza that is 45 yrs old. Who are his siblings?... the William Tubbs, age 63, in his household in 1870 is my ancestor. He lived in Texas and was back visiting in AL. Is John his younger brother - nephew - what kin?.. William married two weeks after census was taken and returned with wife and step kids to Texas.

Any help would be appreciated.
Betty Vaughn

Re: Tubb(s) in Perry Co. AL

Posted: 15 Oct 2003 3:01AM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2003 9:44PM GMT
Betty I am a descendant of John Tubbs My great grand father 's parents were James w. Kelly and Lou emma Rice Lou emma Parents were Leonard Rice and Elizabeth Sanders and Elizabeth's parents were Sion Sanders and Mary Polly Tubbs and Mary polly tubbs parents were John tubb and Karenhappuck tubb. Karenhappuck and John were first cousin from What I have gather from other people.You can Email me at glenda401962@aol.com

Posted: 14 Mar 2005 7:24AM GMT
Surnames: Tubb-Nash-Jackson-Pickle
Betty,did you get all the info that you need?
I am from the Tubb family who went from Tenn.to Cotton Gin Port[Amory] Miss.Monroe County.
I have the Tubb book and will be glad to look up something if you need me to. You may mail me at : mftubb200@yahoo.com or mftubb@hotmail.com.
Mary

Ann Crum (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2006 3:18AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2006 12:52PM GMT
Surnames: Tubb
My husband is related to the Tubb family in Perry County, Al. On record I have recieved I have a JOHN TUBBHe was first married to Karen Happeck, who died October 14,1821,,,then, he married________Persaby.He had 6 children,LUCINDA,CELIA(1794-1875)marrie in1812 to Anderson West:JAMES(b.Oct 7,1799,)ELIZABETH;GEORGE(1788)and NANCY. wILLIAM TUBB was married toElizabeth_______________.born abt1765and died between 1830 and 1836. This is Jr.

Posted: 2 Jan 2006 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: TUBBS, DILL, HORN
Thank you for your reply.
Yes. The John Tubb born 1758(married to his first cousin Karrenhappuck Tubb) was son of William born abt 1729. I have that line well documented. As Well as possible that is. This line is my husbands.

The John Tubbs listed on 1870 census in Perry Co.AL - household number 111 is the John I am trying to figure out. The William Tubbs listed as 63 years old occupation "stock raiser" (a Texas term).. is my gr-gr-grandfather. I believe he was first married to Rody Dill. They are on the Texas 1860 Census of Austin County. He returned to Alabama to Perry Co. for some reason after his wife Rody died. His children stayed in Texas. After marrying Margaret Caroline Horn in Perry Co., He returned to Texas with his new wife and step children. I find records of them back in Austin Co, He is living with his oldest son William in Lavaca Co. by 1880.

I feel that the John born abt 1825 with wife listed as Eliza must have been a younger brother or nephew.

Thanks
Betty

Posted: 2 Jan 2006 4:26AM GMT
Surnames: Tubb, Oliver, Hendrix, Wright, Lewis & Ware
Oh I meant to ask. How does your husband descend from the TUBBs.. My husbands line is as follows:
John and KarrenhappuckTubb
Lucinda Tubb married Thomas M. Oliver
Althea Vernon Oliver married William Hendrix in Perry Co.
Murrel Hendrix married Jesse Alice Wright in Texas
Cora Hendrix married Robert Lewis in OK
Mary Evelyn Lewis married Charles Ware in Texas
David Ware.. my 1st husband.

Thanks again.

Ann Crum (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2006 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Tubb
My husbands Grandmother was Merevine"Mae" TubbShe was the daughter of James F. Tubb born abt 1843 in Franklin Col.bert County, and Martha Ann "Matt" Mitchell,born 8th March 1890 in Colbert County, Al. James was the son of Lucian N.B. "Luck" Tubb, born abt 1850 and died Nov. 14,1934 in East Florence ,buried at Crooked Oak Cem. Colbert County, Al. Lucian was the son of W8illiam M.H. Tubb (conferate solider, born abt 1824 in Perry County died 29Nov.1862, He was married to Mary Godby. Lucian was married to Mary Ann Hall. William was the son of Joel C. Tubb,marrie to Sarah Huff.Jpel was the son of William Tubb Jr. married to Elizabeth________. Do these fit in with your Tubb? Let me know as I have some pictures of these people..

Posted: 4 Jan 2006 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: TUBB
Oh yes! would love to have photos.. I am trying my best to type in all the Related Tubbs. and figure out who is parent of who. Which is terribly confusing..

As I said.. I can prove and see my 1st husbands line from John and Karrenhappuck.. but my own is much more difficult. I am analyzing all the census and info I can find on Williams.. my william born 1807/1808 is still hanging in limbo even if he is in Perry Co. in 1870.. he is too old to be son of Jeremiah Jr. as some want to make him.

the photos would sure cheer me up.

Betty..

Posted: 4 Feb 2006 3:11AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2006 12:32PM GMT
I have a William M.H. that was born to Joel C. and Sarah Huff . There is no date of birth or death. I got my infomation from the library in Russellville, Al. Joel married Sarah in 1812. He had migrated with his uncle John to Perry County, Al. in about 1814. Joel and Sarah had 9 children .WILLIAM M,H,,ADDIS EMMITT,MARTIN EARL, COLUMBUS, SARAH ANN, NANCYELVERA CHARLOTTE, SANTILLA, JOSEPHINE, AND SOPHRONIA. Hope this helps you. If you'll give me an address I will send you the copies of the picture I have..My printer is out of wack..

Posted: 9 Oct 2008 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Tubb/Tubbs, Lindsey/
Hello Ann,
I just found your message from two years ago and I hope you can still contact or answer me. This is the first time in a very long time in my searches that I have found a clue to what I have been searching for. Lucian B. Tubbs was my great grandfather, father of Mary E. "Mollie" Tubbs, my grandmother born 1869. She married Robert Paul Lindsey in Colbert Co. AL. They are buried in the Crooked Oak Cemetery in AL along with Lucian. Mollie, as they called her, probably because her mother was Mary too, died in 1917 of the Spanish Flu when my father, the youngest, was only about four. No one in my family has any knowledge of or any pictures of our Tubbs. I had some ruff notes which I search on and found the names of her parents and siblings which are the ones you posted here. I want so much to find a picture of my grandmother who I was named after. Can you please help me.
Thanks, Molly Lindsey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions