Search for content in message boards

I will do Norridgewock vital records lookups

I will do Norridgewock vital records lookups

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 11:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Feb 2013 2:00AM GMT
I have the book "Vital records of Norridgewock, Maine", printed in 2008. It contains a lot of transcriptions of old records from Norridgewock, but no photographs of documents or anything else.

It has a lot that I haven't seen elsewhere, but also, it does NOT have some records that I have found elsewhere.

Great items it has are listings of many or all of the children born to a certain pair of parents. Too bad for me, that after I bought this expensive book, the listing for my family seems to be the only one in the book where it says : [blank]

I had some of that info, but of course, I wanted to get what I am missing, and what I may be missing.

There are also transcriptions of statements saying that on this date, these two people had their marriage intentions published. The text from the actual intentions are not in this book. I have not seen those elsewhere. There are thousands of these, as well as marriage record transcriptions, from 1792 to 1891. Those comprise the bulk of the book.

There are also births and deaths. The births go back as far as the 1790s. The deaths go from 1774 to 1891. There are some missing years.

Again, you can be sure that not every single death that happened during that time period is included, and what there is, is missing some of the info.

Of course, not every record originally kept has survived. Some pieces of information get the dreaded [blank].

Post the names and dates you are interested in. If I find what is, or may be, your people, I will post a photo of what I find that you can download and save, if you want.
Attachments:

Re: I will do Norridgewock vital records lookups

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 7:47AM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2013 7:57AM GMT
Surnames: Sampson, Smart
I'm going to take you up on this!

I am interested in Louisa Sampson b. abt 1812 and her sister Mary b. in Norridgewock.

Her parents may be Noah Sampson and Ruth Smart.

Sibs:
Robert Sampson
Hiram Sampson
Lorhuana (sp?) Sampson
Mary Sampson
Silvia Sampson

But I am really only interested in Louisa Sampson and her sister Mary.

Thank you so much!!!

:)

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 3:39PM GMT
It's good that you gave me those family members, because that gives me more to go on. But I looked through the index for all people named Sampson or Samson, and none of those people were in the book. I was hoping to find some good info, but I couldn't. But everybody, keep the requests coming.

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 8:51PM GMT
Alrighty then...when one door closes...Thank you so much for looking!

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: Smart
Thank you so very much for your kindness Larry. I am looking for the death of John Smart and his wife (or ex wife) Loemma. John was born in NH and last found in the 1830 Norridgewock census.

I said ex-wife because I think he remarried and had two children in Norrigewock both before 1830.

Again thank you for keeping genealogy free. Much appreciated.
Sandy Carneiro

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 11:55PM GMT
There are only two Smart's in the book, Adreth H., and Frances.

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 12:21AM GMT
Thank you for checking. Much appreciated. Sandy

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 2:58PM GMT
Surnames: Pomeroy
Hi Larry,

Would you be able to tell me if there are any Pomeroy/Pomroy/Pumroy in the book? Specifically I am looking for Rachel Pomeroy (1803-??)and John Pomeroy (1808-1860s). In 1870 census Rachel was living with her son Hartley Pomeroy.

Thank you, Randy Cummings
revwarvet@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 3:25PM GMT
Unfortunately, there was nothing. There was no Rachel or Hartley listed at all. There were 2 or 3 John Pomeroy's listed, but they were either too old or too young to be your man.

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 10:10PM GMT
Thanks a lot for the information. At least that is one more item checked.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic