Ernest F. KASTNER (1887 - 1975) /bb

Ernest F. KASTNER (1887 - 1975) /bb

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 1:53AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: KASTNER, WALSH, WETZEL, OPPER
Contributed by Barb Brady
Shawano Evening Leader

Rites Thursday For Ernest F. Kastner

Ernest F. Kastner, 87, of the Homme Home for the Aged, formerly of Tigerton, died Tuesday morning, January 7 at Wausau North Hospital. He was born in Grunewald, Germany, December 8, 1887, the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Robert Kastner.

He came to the United States as a child and settled in the Sheboygan area. He was married February 10, 1915 in the Town of Lima, Sheboygan County, to the former Mary Walsh. They lived in the Sheboygan area until 1928, when they moved to Merrill. They then lived in the Town of Germania until 1968 when they moved to Tigerton. They have both lived in the Homme Home for the past year.

He is survived by his wife, Mary; two daughters, Agnes, Mrs. Arno Wetzel, Milwaukee, and Mary, Mrs. Leonard Opper, Route 3, Birnamwood; four sons, Leo, Fairchild; Robert, Manitowoc; Donald, Genesee Depot, and Bernard, West Bend; 36 grandchildren and 21 great- grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, three sons and one sister.

Funeral services will be Thursday morning at 11 o'clock at St. Anthony's Catholic Church…..[Rest of obituary is missing]

Re: Ernest F. KASTNER (1887 - 1975) /bb

Posted: 3 Nov 2002 11:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Feb 2004 11:42PM GMT
I too am researching alot of those names. My husband is Phil Wetzel, Agnes's son. Ernests' grandson. Am interested to share info with you. thanks, JeanWet

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: Kastner, Welzel, Duchatsch
I recently came upon internet info on your family and it appears that we are related. My only concern is that there is a lot of incorrect information. Robert Kastner and Agnes Duchatsch were my great-grandparents and they had three daughters, Hedwig, Charlotte and Gertrude, all born in Bad Kudowa, Lower Silesia, Germany. Robert Kastner was from the nearby village of Tassau. The family trees that I see online indicate that Ernest Kastner was a son of Robert Kastner and Agnes Kastner when in fact Ernst Kastner was a brother of robert Kastner. Their parents were Josef Kastner and Antonia Ullrich. Josef Kastner was the son of Josef Kastner and Angela Welzel, from Juerker (now Jarkow, Poland) We are all indeed family, but one generation of parents is incorrect. Would love to be in touch with anyone related to this family. The area of Germany that the family was from was the Grafschaft Glatz (County of Glatz), Lower Silesia Province, Germany. This is now Klodzko County, Dolni Slask, Poland. My e-mail is: jhp1963@yahoo.com - Hope to hear form anyone researching this line.

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Kastner, Welzel, Ullrich
Hello:
I recently came upon internet info on your family and it appears that we are related. My only concern is that there is a lot of incorrect information. Robert Kastner and Agnes Duchatsch were my great-grandparents and they had three daughters, Hedwig, Charlotte and Gertrude, all born in Bad Kudowa, Lower Silesia, Germany now Poland. Robert Kastner was from the nearby village of Tassau (Taszow). The family trees that I see online indicate that Ernest Kastner was a son of Robert Kastner and Agnes Kastner when in fact Ernst Kastner was a brother of Robert Kastner. Their parents were Josef Kastner and Antonia Ullrich. Josef Kastner was the son of Josef Kastner and Angela Welzel, from Juerker (now Jarkow, Poland) We are all indeed family, but one generation of parents is incorrect. Would love to be in touch with anyone related to this family. The area of Germany that the family was from was the Grafschaft Glatz (County of Glatz), Lower Silesia Province, Germany. This is now Klodzko County, Dolni Slask, Poland. My e-mail is: jhp1963@yahoo.com - Hope to hear form anyone researching this line. I have some interesting photos to share and am excited that perhaps I have located family in the US.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions