Search for content in message boards

Sujdak

Sujdak

Heather Sujdak-Whitney (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jan 2004 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: markowski, white, sujdak
My great grandfather, Stanley immigrated from Poland (name may mean "between two mountains") with his sisters, Sophie and Mary prior to 1917. Stanley married Louise Markowski. Louise had four brothers: Leo, Sylvester, John and Joseph. I believe the brothers stayed in CT, and descendants are in Bristol and Sothington.

Stanley and Louise had two children, Robert and Stanley. No info on Robert. My grandfather was Stanley. He married Louise White and had two children, Donald and Marilyn. They lived in Belchertown MA. Stanley worked for the Quabbin Resorvoir. Any one with any info on Stanley Sujdak I and Louise Markowski or her brothers, or anyone who is looking for a name similar to "Sujdak" is welcome to respond. Thank you!
------------------------------------------------------

Board Administrator's Note:
The e-mail address included with this message - rmwhitneysr@top.monad.net - is no longer in service.

Great Grand Mother

Posted: 8 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2003 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Sujdak, Gorka
Hello, I'm looking for any info regarding my great grand mother Katarzyna Sujdak. She married twice, my great grand father is Frank Gorka.

Re: Sujdak, Sweedock, Sweedok

Geraldine Glodek (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2002 10:09AM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2003 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: Sujdak, Sweedock, Sweedok
My grandmother, Victoria Sujdak, immigrated from Austria in the 1890's from an area that would have been part of Poland, which was divvied up at that time. She lived in Nebraska. Her brother Andrew was born in Omaha, Nebraska. The family moved east to Pennsylvania anthracite coal region. The spelling was changed to Sweedock or Sweedok, which is how Sujdak, the Polish spelling, would have been pronounced. She had sisters who married and moved to Connecticut. Somewhere I have notes on Connecticut relatives given to me by Andrew's daughter. I live in eastern Iowa and plan to drive to Omaha to do some research on the family in the local historical records. I may not get to do this until spring. If you want to e-mail me, delete .nospam from the e-mail address provided here.

Re: Sujdak, Sweedock, Sweedok

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 3:36PM GMT
Hi,

My grandmother was Agnes Sweedock, a younger sister of Victoria. Agnes was born in Nebraska and then the family moved back to PA where she married Anthony Klem (Klimasaitis). My grandparents moved to CT along with all of grandpa's siblings and later Julia Sweedock Rinkavage,also Victoria's sister, moved to Meriden CT.
If you are still researching and want any info on the CT cousins feel free to email me at litwitch@aol.com.
Kate Costello
per page

Find a board about a specific topic