Search for content in message boards

African-American Walkers from Charlotte, NC

African-American Walkers from Charlotte, NC

Posted: 1 Jan 2009 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WALKER, SPRINGS, BAILEY, ROSS
I am interested in corresponding with any African-American Walkers from CHarlotte, NC or anywhere in Mecklenburg county, NC. I have been researching white and black Walker families there and would love to work with someone who has done similar research or is related to Walkers from that area. I have traced my family back to about 1838 and believe I have discovered the white Walker, Springs and Ross families that owned my ancestors. Thanks

Re: African-American Walkers from Charlotte, NC

Posted: 28 Feb 2009 5:10AM GMT
my walker family is from mecklenburg county virginia. my grandfather was sam walker.he was born 1903 in virginia.

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 5:04AM GMT
Hi my name is D Walker, I am also searching for my family history! both on my mother, and father's sides. My mother's last name is walker, we are african american. My great grandmother was s watson who married J Clawson. My grandmother's was L Walker, she married C Walker they had 11 children. Most of my famiy lived in Charlotte NC, but have spread out to other parts of NC.

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: WALKER
I am excited to hear from you and hopefully we may be related. There were a lot of African American Walkers in Charlotte and I have researched alot of them in trying to located my family. You can contact me directly at calvinewr@yahoo.com, so we can correspond more easily. My Walker family included great grandmother named Caroline Walker who was married to Calvin Walker in 1876, they had many children, including Ruth (my grandmother), Arthur, Clarence, Eula, Effie, and others. They lived in Sharon township. Anyway, let's talk by email and see if we have any connections. I hope so because, right now I have no relatives on that side of my family at all that I know.

Posted: 6 Apr 2011 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: Walker/Martin/Banks/Sales
Hi, I am interested in knowing whether or not the walkers that you are referring to originally came from the Maggie Valley, NC area. Some of those Walkers live in Wilkesboro, NC. Rhonda, NC etc. It would be nice to know that our families could be related.

I have just begun my search and it would be interesting to know that our families have crossed.

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 8:13AM GMT
Hi my name is Tracy I am a Descendant of the Walkers of North Carolina as well. Your description of your family sounds very familiar to my family. My grandparents had 11 children too. My grandfather name wss James Walker. His mother was Dora(Lula)Walker. My great-grandfather Was Charlie Walker. We also have Clawsons in our family too. My grandfather raised Catherine Clawsons children when she passed. Contact me. My email address is trasee.robinson@yahoo.com. We may have a connection here.

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 8:17AM GMT
Hi Im Tracy. I have Walkers in my family too from North Carolina. I was told they are from Hertford but we have Walkers all over North Carolina. Contact me to see if we have in similarities in our Families.

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 8:17AM GMT
Hi Im Tracy. I have Walkers in my family too from North Carolina. I was told they are from Hertford but we have Walkers all over North Carolina. Contact me to see if we have in similarities in our Families.

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 11:55PM GMT
My Walker family is from Mecklenburg County, Virginia as well.

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 11:56PM GMT
My Walkers are from Mecklenburg County, Virginia but lived in Northampton County in North Carolina.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions