Search for content in message boards

GIFFORD

GIFFORD

David Gifford (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT

Looking for any and all information as to a Henry Gifford born abt 1882 married twice 1-Lora Pope 2-Mary Salyers

also information on James Gifford married 1852 Carter Co.

to Elizabeth Savage need information as to place of birth.

Gifford/Savage

Posted: 29 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2005 4:18PM GMT
Surnames: Gifford
Know a little about Henry Gifford. His Parents were John A.
Gifford b. 1858 and a Marinda(no last name) b~1859. They
were married in 1874.
Henry had a brother named Thomas. b~1879. All are buried in
the SAVAGE cemetery in CARTER CO

Gifford

Aroma Gifford Hammond (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gifford, Messer, Kelley
I have a picture of Thomas Wm Gifford with 3 children and first wife Amanda Campbell. I am the great grandaughter of Thomas Wm Gifford. I also have copies of the marriage cert. of John Gifford and Miranda Messer from 1876 and a copy of them in 1880 Federal Carter County Census with their two boys James Gifford and Thomas Gifford. (I was not aware of Henry Gifford)

I have copies of other marriage cert. of John Gifford's second marriage to wife Effie Messer, plus copies of the boys James and Thomas' marriages.

I am interrested in additional information on this family and in the process now of putting this together.

Bertha Mae Messer

george johnson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: messer, johnson, green, gifford
hi Aroma
I'm looking for the mother of my grandmother Bertha Mae Messer
all that i know is that her mom died when she was young and she was raised by a james and millie gifford
millie is sister to cleveland messer
i meet one of clevelands sons and he said his dad and berthas mom was never married but cleveland always claimed her
i have bertha living in the james gifford household in 1910 at the age of 7yrs and lists her as a niece
i also met a rogers that lives at reedville that knew bertha but couldnt remember who her mom was
my mother and i where looking for a messer cemetery at reedville and happed to run into him at the end of a dead end road
he gave us directions to the cemetery and asked who we where looking for and when we told him it was a surprize he knew her!! he said she had cooked many a supper for him when he was young
im not sure but i thing his name was oscar
the reason we where looking for the cemetary was mom said she could remember going to a funeral on a hill above a church around reedville and bertha said these where her people
papaw johnson and bertha was also married at reedville by a w.h. isaacs and it lists bertha's parents as cleveland and peggy messer
was wondering if peggy's maiden name was messer or did bertha list it on there as peggy being married to cleveland
bertha would have been born around 1903-4
seems like the records for that time period are hard to find
i cant find berthas birth or peggy? death
any help at all would be so deeply appreciated
ive got most of my family line going back a few generations but this one is a brick wall i cant get over
thanks so much for listening
god bless
george johnson

Lafayette Gifford

Richard Smith (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lafayette Gifford, Matilda james
Aroma:

Louvernia Gifford, dau of Lafayette & Matilda, is my
grandmother. I am just begining to research the Gifford side
of my family and do not have a stating place. I know where
they were married and where they are buried but that is all.

Can you help me?

Lafayette Gifford b early 1860's
Matilda James b early 1860's
Louvernia Gifford b 14 Feb 1892 d 15 Oct 1923
Louvernia m 21 April 1907 Denbo Smith

Bertha Mae Messer

Posted: 15 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 9:41AM GMT
Just saw your posting. Haven't been researching the messers for too long, but do have quite a bit. Cleveland and Millie were brother and sister to my great grandmother Sarah. They still have a lot of family in and around Hitchens. I'll try to find out some more from one of Sarah's granddaughters that I keep in touch with.

Gifford

AL Gifford Hammond (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
At this time I'm afraid that I don't see a connection to be able to help at this point, but that doesn't mean that something won't come up.

Keep on searching and if you have any additional information that my help, be sure to send it in.

Gifford Savage Cozart

Posted: 31 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2005 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: Gifford, Savage, Cozart
Don't know where Elizabeth was born but I do have this on her: Elizabeth was the daughter of Edward Savage and Nancy Barrett, that she was twin to Ellen and that she lived to the age of 95. I am related to her husband's mother Amy Casad/Cazad/Cozart who md John Gifford. Her brother Levi is my line. I'd be happy to exchange on these lines. I have more on the Giffords.

Re: Gifford

Posted: 18 Aug 2013 6:02PM GMT
aroma henry gifford was my great grandfather he is buried on huffs run at the rogers messer cementry just email or call me for more info,thanks 606-316-1052
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions