Search for content in message boards

George and Mary Teche (Tichy)

George and Mary Teche (Tichy)

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 7:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Teche, Tichy, Konop
I'm looking information on George and Mary Teche (Georg and Maria Tichy) and their descendants. They lived in Spruce Township in Oconto County.

George died in 1896. He born about 1849 in Bohemia.
I don't know when Mary died. She was born about 1853 in Bohemia.

The 1880 US census shows children of Jacob (7), Georg(4), and Jimmy(3). At the time, they lived in the City of Oconto.

The 1900 US census shows doesn't show older George, he died in 1896. It shows George (Head of Household - 23), Mary (Mother - 47), Jos. (Brother - 20), Josephine(Sister -17), Annie(Sister -13). They lived in Spruce Township.

The 1910 US Census shows Mary Teche living with James and Josephine Konop in Spruce Township.

The 1920 US Census shows Mary Teche living with James and Josephine Konop in Spruce Township.

I know the history of George Teche Jr. and his descendants. Though additional information is always appreciated.

I know nothing about Jacob, Jimmy, Jos. and Annie or any other children that Georg (Sr.) and Mary may have had, nor do I know anything substantial about Georg (Sr.) and Mary.

Thanks.

Re: George and Mary Teche (Tichy)

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 3:22AM GMT
Have you researched the Oconto County genweb site? There is notice regarding George Sr's death, as well as mention of the children attending school. There is a search box on the page
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wioconto/

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 3:29AM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2012 3:47AM GMT
Do you have his obit? I found a copy of it at Newspaper Archives. Among his survivors, it listed his sisters Mrs. James Konop of Coleman, and Mrs. Joe Donias of Milwaukee.

Herald Times Reporter, June 4, 1973 Page 22
(Manitowoc-Two Rivers, Wisconsin)

Mrs. Mary (Anna) Schaffer Donais, 83, of Milwaukee, died Saturday night at St. Joseph Hospital, Milwaukee following a lingering illness.
Funeral services will be at 2 P.M. Tuesday at Urbanek and Schlei Funeral Home, Manitowoc. The Rev. Paul H. Blaufuss will officiate, and burial will be in Evergreen Cemetery, Manitowoc. Mrs. Donais, nee Teche, was born August 14, 1889 at Spruce, Wis., daughter of the late George and Mary Teche. She was married to Joseph Donais, March 28, 1935 at Crown Point, Indiana, residing at Milwaukee.
Survivors include a son, Harold Schaffer, of Manitowoc, three step-sons, Norman and Lawrence Donais of Milwaukee, and Gilbert Donais, California, a step-daughter, Mrs. Lynn Asnin of Florida, a sister, Mrs. Josephine Konop of Oconto Falls; four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at the funeral home at 11 A.M. until the hour of service.

There are multiple articles about the Teche family at www.newspaperarchive.com It is a subscription site, but you can search for free, and view two articles a day for free. I found an obit for Mary Teche (Mother) in 1926, but have already read my two pages for the day. I was able to see that her maiden name was Blazek, and she was survived by a brother John Blazek.

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 4:08AM GMT
Annie Teche marriage? It says her father's name was Henry, but her first marriage was to a Schaffer, and her son Harold was born in Michigan about 1908
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N3J6-LTL

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 1:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2012 1:16PM GMT
I have George Sr's Death notice from this page and from the Wisconsin State Historical Society. I had missed the Kadlec School Page. Thanks for the pointer!

I had part of the Mrs. Mary (Anna) Schaffer Donais obituary. Names of survivors were redacted to protect family privacy. I guess I didn't get to looking up the newspaper in the archives. It did help that my records referred to her as Mary. Thanks!

Mary Blazek is the second wife of George Teche Jr.

I have a lot of information about the Teche family in the 1900s from newspaperarchive.com, though I can't seem to find out much about Mary the wife of George Teche, particularly when she died.

I may have seen the Annie Teche marriage, but ignored it because of her father's name. Thanks for helping me with that obituary. The helps piece some things together.

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 5:17PM GMT
Do you know the maiden name of George Sr's wife?

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 5:54PM GMT
No, I do not. I may need to contact the Diocese of Green Bay to see if they have any records.

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 1:50PM GMT
I've found information Mary Teche, Jake Teche, Joseph Teche in addition to what may be listed below.

They are buried in Kadlec Cemetary in Spruce Township in Oconto County.
http://www.wicemeteries.com/
per page

Find a board about a specific topic