Search for content in message boards

Waddell DNA

Waddell DNA

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 2:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Waddell
I got my ancestry.com DNA ethnicity results. I was surprised to find 7 % Persian/Turkish blood. I only had 3 other matches in this ethnic category so far. The only connection the other participant and myself had is our Waddells. Has anyone else got similiar results and share Waddell Ancestors? Any idea where this Persian/Turkish blood came from when the Waddels were mainly from Ireland and Scotland? Some did have different names ,like my ancestor Seth Quee Gennings Waddell had a brother named Soam.Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks. Julie

Re: Waddell DNA

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 4:07PM GMT
Jolie,
What company supplied you these results. I've been considering getting mine done, and it would be interesting to see if there are any similarities. No longer any males in my family. --- Betty

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 6:17PM GMT
I did the ancestry.com DNA. Just click on the DNA tab at the top of your ancestry.com account main page and it will tell you the details. It test both maternal and paternal ethnicity.

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 2:19AM GMT
Hi Julie,
I too had Persian/Turkish blood (with Waddell ancestry) and was quite surprised by the results! I have no idea where it comes from. I wish i could give you more information but I am in the same boat as you are. It's interesting to me that you think it may be from the Waddell ancestors. If you do find anything out I would love to know! Thanks, Laura

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: Warren, Riley, Wilson, Waddell, Lusk, Ries,
Perhaps the Persian DNA originated through some liason during the Crusades.

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 12:41AM GMT
Watched Mankind on History Channel today. They report during the Mongul era Genghis Khan raped so many that currently (2012) 1/200 persons carry his gene. I don't normally associate him with Persia, but ????

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 4:04PM GMT

There are three kinds of DNA tests that are commonly used in genetic genealogy:

mtDNA : passed from biological mother to biological child (both males and females)

Y-DNA : passed from biological father to biological son (males only) [ like a traditional surname ]

autosomal DNA : inherited randomly (both males and females) [ good for only about 5 generations ]

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 2:44PM GMT
Do you know you y dna haplogroup ? Susan Waddell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions