Search for content in message boards

Richard Dalton of Kilbeggan

Richard Dalton of Kilbeggan

Posted: 11 Jul 2003 5:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Aug 2003 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: Dalton, Coughlin
Looking for info on Richard Dalton born about 1800 in Kilbeggan and died about 1874 in Brooklyn NY. Known children are Michael born about 1837 and Catherine born about ??. All immigrated about 1855-1860. Catherine may have been a Coughlin by that time.

Re: Richard Dalton of Kilbeggan

Posted: 1 Aug 2003 9:08PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2006 11:07PM GMT
George,

I am not sure where Kilbeggan is, but I have a Mary Dalton as a baptismal sponsor to Mary Connell 29Dec1797 in the area of Delvin/Ballynaskeagh, co. Westmeath. Let me know if you are interested in other surnames I am searching in that area.

Regards,
Maureen Murray Webb

Posted: 2 Aug 2003 2:43AM GMT
Maureen Thanks for the reply. I would be interested in Richard Dalton's wife Mary's maiden name. Also their son, Michael married an Alice ???. Their daughter Cartherine married a John Coughlin. Any information on these indviduals would be appreciated. By the way Kilbeggan is in the southwest part of County Westmeath. George

Posted: 2 Aug 2003 3:41PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2006 11:07PM GMT
George,

Sorry, I have no other information on that Mary Dalton, other that this baptismal information. The only surnames connected with this event are Connell, Mary (daughter of Patrick Connell and Bitty Casserly) and Mary Dalton and Willie Casserly as the sponsors. I will keep my eyes open for any other names that may come up in my search to connect this record to my Murray/Murtagh/Murtha/Farrell/Nead families from Westmeath.

Regards,
Maureen Murray Webb

Posted: 4 Jul 2007 3:33AM GMT
Surnames: Dalton/Coughlin/Briody
I've got a Catherine Dalton Coughlin, born in Ireland, married to a John Coughlin, also born in Ireland, who have a daughter named Mary Coughlin, who married Patrick Briody. Mary & Patrick were based in Brooklyn, NY. The info I have is Mary was born in Ireland, around 1860, so she could have emigrated as a baby.

Does this match what you have? This could be my Catherine Dalton's father...a BIG help!

Posted: 17 Jun 2009 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Dalton Nally
Did you eventually find out information in relation to Richard Dalton?

I have an Alice Dalton (born Abt. 1828) from Kilbeggan in my family tree who was transported with her sister Catherine Nally (nee Dalton) (Abt. 1818) to Tasmania (previously - Van Diemens Land) Australia in 1853.
She had other sisters Jane (Abt 1835)Winifred (unkn) and Mary (unkn)
She had two brothers Richard (unkn) and Thomas (unkn). It is believed Thomas moved to USA before 1852 but I do not know what happened to Richard, he may have still been in Ireland in 1852 but not sure.

Jeff Andrijasevich
Perth
Western Australia

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 4:59PM GMT
Any follow up to my previous request please note my username change now atoz7648 not atoz184

thank you
Jeff Andrijasevich
Perth Western Australia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions