Search for content in message boards

Alonzo Cole

Posted: 11 Apr 2000 8:03PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2002 10:49PM GMT
Seeking information on my great grandfather.
His son, my grandfather, was George W. Cole.
He(George) was born in New York State in 1852. If there is an Alonzo in your research, pls contact me.

Alonzo Cole

Janet White (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 7:09PM GMT
My great grandfather is an Alonzo Cole. He was born in KY in 1861. His father was John Cole and mother Nancy Barnett. This Alonzo Cole died in 1955 in Barnsdall, OK. My info says he was married to a Mary someone in KY and later to Jona Gipson in Oklahoma.
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 6:00AM GMT
Hi Janet:
Thanks for your message.
Did your Alonzo have a son named George??
I think my Alonzo lived in New York for awhile. My grandfather(George)was born in 1852. I can find nothing about his parents
except father's name. Guess records going back that far are difficult to locate.
What sites do you find best???

Alonzo Cole

Janet (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 6:41AM GMT
If my Alonzo was born in 1861 he could not have had a son in 1852. I don't know any of the children by his first marriage to Mary, but there are no Georges by his marriage to Jona. My info says his parents were a John Cole and Nancy Barnett. Interesting side note - We believe John Cole was a Cherokee Indian child lost along with his brother on the Trail of Tears and raised by a family named Cole. I have been told his indian surname was Anderson. No informantion on the brother. This gets quite complicated. Good luck to you.

Alonzo Cole

Linda Crocker (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 3:13PM GMT
Janet, yes this is the way my obit. reads.
Alonzo C. Cole was born in Mccofin Ky. in 1861, Sep.12.
Son of Mr. and Mrs John Cole.
First Marriage was in 1881, then to Jona in 1916.
There children was Margaret, Esaw, Fannie,Corsa, Andrwew, Dollie, Ethel, Myrtle, Maci,and K.Y. Cole.

Jona had my grandmother Lona with Chester Cole.
I have him down as death at 93 years old.
All the other information on the Cole and Anderson is what I have too.
Hope we can still help each other, Linda

Alonzo Cole

Posted: 22 Aug 2000 1:55AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2001 9:36PM GMT
I have an Alonzo Cole that was born in Saratoga Cty.,N.Y. and moved to Winnisheik Cty., Iowa in the 1850's. He was the son of Edward Cole Clarissa Heath born in 1823.
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 7:06PM GMT
Dave Baker: Please send all information you have on Alonzo Cole. My g.grandfather was an
Alonzo Cole, my grandfather was his son Geo.W. Cole. Do you know if your Alonzo had a
son by that name????

Alonzo Cole

Posted: 25 Aug 2000 12:34PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2001 9:36PM GMT
Please e-mail me at dfb221@aol.com and I will give you what I have.

Re: Alonzo Cole

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 1:12AM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Fletcher, Barnett
Your Alonzo (son of John & Nancy) is the brother to my great great grandmother Emily Margaret Jane Cole. She married George W. Fletcher in 1881. Their son Amos is my grandmother's father. I would love to share info with you! You can email me at pamelat@oz-online.net
Pamela Barnett-Thompson

Re: Alonzo Cole

Laurie Nichols Jett (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2006 4:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nichols, Jett, Gibson, Cole, Collins, Perkins, Taber, Kampel, Whitacre, Kelley.
hello to you...I am connected maternally to your Alonzo via his 2nd wife Jona nee Gibson...she was a sister to my G G G grandmother...at any rate, I wanted to mention that I have Alonzo's 1st wife as being Mary Eliza Lowery, daughter of Frank & Cynthia (MNU) Lowery...I hope this helps to some measure. Best~~~~Laurie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions