Search for content in message boards

SCHEIDL b. in Vienna 1873, moved to Bolivia 1896

SCHEIDL b. in Vienna 1873, moved to Bolivia 1896

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 1:32AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: SCHEIDL
I am trying to find information on Juan Scheidl who was born in Vienna, Wein, Austria in 1873 and immigrated to Santa Cruz, Bolivia in 1896 to work for the German company Zeller, Villinger, & Cia. He married, had children & died in Bolivia. I have the info on his wife and children...am looking for info and specifics of Juan's birth and his parents/siblings. His name must have changed when in Bolivia...could have been something like Johann or Hans. Has anyone out there heard of a SCHEIDL in their ancestry who immigrated to Bolivia?

Re: SCHEIDL b. in Vienna 1873, moved to Bolivia 1896

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 5:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, I am son of Herbert Julius Scheidl (b.1910 and moved to Argentina as child), my grandfather Julius Scheidl (moved to USA, Montana), both born in Vienna. I assume Julius was a relative from Juan. In fact, my oldest son is named Juan Guillermo Scheidl.
Regards, Willi

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 7:18PM GMT
Wow! Thank you so much! I will look further into that valuable information.

Thanks Again!
Theresa

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 11:22AM GMT
Theresa,
There is a small point which might cause confusion. In your first message you say your relative was born in Vienna, Wein, Austria. This is a very common mistake so don't worry. The German name for Vienna is simply Wien, the French call it Vienne, the Spanish Viena - all the same place. The word "wein" actually means "wine" - they may drink plenty but haven't got round to naming the town that. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck in your searching.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic