Search for content in message boards

Catholic Cemetery Urbana

Catholic Cemetery Urbana

Posted: 16 Apr 2008 3:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for the graves of my 3rd great grandparents David Nelligan and Nora O'Keefe Nelligan.

Nora died May 12, 1870 in Urbana, Ohio.

I not sure when David died. My grandmother told us that David was a cabinet maker and was buried in the Catholic Cemetery in Urbana. I assume he was buried next to Nora.

David and Nora's daughter Bridget Nelligan married James Whalen at St. Mary's church in Urbana in 1880.

Can anyone tell me which cemetery was the "Catholic cemtery" in Urbana 120 years ago. Was it St. Mary's? Was there more than one Catholic cemetery?

Thanks.

Cary Clements
Portland, Maine

Re: Catholic Cemetery Urbana

Posted: 18 Apr 2008 5:22PM GMT
Found death certificates for James whalen and one of their children. They are buried at St. Barnards cemetery in Springfield, Clark county. Cemetery shows Bridget buried there also. A daughter of David Nelligan and Nora O'keefe, Mary 75, single is also buried there.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Garden/3458/Townships/Spr...

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html?... register to use.
Ohio death certificates 1908-1953

Attachments:

Posted: 19 Mar 2009 5:47PM GMT
Surnames: O'Keefe, Breslin, Lawlor, Ryan, Callahan.....
Are you related to this family? I also have a Hanora O'Keefe, married to John Breslin (Bresnahan) from Urbana, Ohio. I believe at one time they lived next door to each other in Urbana. I know that your Hanora' Father was Arthur Patrick O'Keefe married to a Bridget Wolf/e.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 19 Mar 2009 11:37PM GMT
Yes, I am related. You can email me at caryclem at yahoo.com

Posted: 27 May 2013 9:29PM GMT
just looking though some old replies on Ancestry. You mentioned a James Whalen. I do not now if there is any relationship, but my mother has some dear friends- the Urbana Whalens. There was Ann, Nell (Probably Ellen) and Pat rick and Michael. They lived in Urbana and their Dad was a drummer in the Union Army in the Civil War. Could these be relatives. They have all been dead for years but they were lovely people.

Posted: 27 May 2013 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: Whalen
just looking though some old replies on Ancestry. You mentioned a James Whalen. I do not now if there is any relationship, but my mother has some dear friends- the Urbana Whalens. There was Ann, Nell (Probably Ellen) and Pat rick and Michael. They lived in Urbana and their Dad was a drummer in the Union Army in the Civil War. Could these be relatives. They have all been dead for years but they were lovely people.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions