Search for content in message boards

JOHN HICKS WIFE EUNICE

JOHN HICKS WIFE EUNICE

Posted: 8 Jan 2005 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Feb 2005 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: HICKS-McALELLY
I have been given information that my GGGG Grandfather-JOHN HICKS was in Madison county in early 1820's
DOes anyone have any information on him or his wife-Eunice??
He was the Father of
Michaeal-married to Elizabeth Jane Fields
William-married to Margaret McAlelly
Jobe-married to Elizabeth McAlelly
Martha Jane married to Jerome Hamlin

Any information anyone is able to share is greatly appreciated.

Re: JOHN HICKS WIFE EUNICE

Wanda K. Lee (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2005 6:42PM GMT
I recently made a trip to Taylor Cemetery and noticed a number of Hicks burials. This may be the Hicks family you are looking for or it could be the Hicks family that is buried at Riverside Cemetery.

http://www.tngenweb.org/records/madison/cemeteries/taylor1.h...

http://www.tngenweb.org/records/madison/riverside/rcem.htm

Posted: 8 Jan 2005 6:59PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2005 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: HICKS
Thank you-I will check out the information and hoping that it is the right ones-I hold all information as I never know when something someone sends me will
I got information four years ago on a Jobe Hicks-never thought it would be anything I could use-but maybe someone else could
turns out Jobe A. Hicks was a Brother to my Michael and that lead me to a marriage certificate for Jobe and his Brother-William that lead me to more information on the family of the Edwards that were also connected
No wonder my computer room always looks like a hurricane hit it!!
I am going to follow up on the "Eunie Garrett Hicks" just maybe it should be Eunice and Garrett is her maiden name
Thanks again
Carol

Carol Debault (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2005 3:08AM GMT
I just read your message on Jobe A Hicks...I am researching the Hicks family of Gibson, TN. I found Job Hicks (age 48, that would have made him born 1811/12) and wife Elizabeth in the 1860 census, it list Eunice Hicks as his mother. I am wondering if this might be the same Eunice that you are researching. Jobe A. Hicks was my great great grandfather.

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 9:50PM GMT
Surnames: HICKS, FIELDS
Carol,
I am descended from Michael Hicks and Elizabeth Jane Fields of Gibson Co., TN and am a 3rd(?)cousin of Carol Lopez who has also posted here. I feel comfortable that John Hicks and Elizabeth 'Garrett' are the parents of Michael, Jobe, etc., but have not been able to discover who John's or Elizabeth's parents were. I'm wondering if you have had any luck. I assume they came from NC, perhaps Rowan Co. I have seen a Job Hicks, b. 1755, from Rowan (a slim reason, I know).
Many Thanks, Diana Light, Irvine, CA

Posted: 27 Jan 2010 4:42PM GMT
Diana, thanks for the reply...I have not been able to progress beyond John and Eunice. I have a gggrandmother with the last name of Garrett, however her first name was not Eunice and it is on my Patterson side. Calvin Hicks was my ggrandfather, he was married to Nora Shelton. But I have not been able to track Eunice at all.
Thanks
Carol Debault, Leawood, Ks (Kansas City)

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 1:37AM GMT
Thanks, Carol. With apologies,I mistakenly called Eunice "Elizabeth." I suppose your GGGM Garrett could have been a sister or cousin, depending on where Patterson enters the picture. We Hicks researchers should all meet in the middle and start sorting.... Diana
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions