Search for content in message boards

Sarah Jane Greene

Sarah Jane Greene

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 12:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Feb 2004 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: Greene, Zacharias, Thomas, Ledom, Heagon, Pike, Barker
Looking for any information on Sarah Jane Greene. Last marriage was to a Greene. Other married names: Heagon and Ledom. Maiden name was thomas. She had one son by Heagon. Chidren by Ledom that I Know of are: Eldon (born in Nov. 26, 1912), Claude (born in May 25, 1915), and Mary Ann Ellan (born on Mar. 5, 1911 in Gardener, Ks). Child by Greene: Kay Irene. Kay married Leroy Barker on Dec. 10,1946. Mary married Elzie Zacharias (died in 1970) then remarried Ralph Pike.

Re: Sarah Jane Greene

Posted: 4 Jul 2001 5:41PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2004 12:34PM GMT
Surnames: Greene
My last name is Ledom and I grew up in Ottawa, which is southwest of Gardner. Names Eldon and Claude sound familiar to me but I don't have them listed in my file. Are you researching the Ledom name as well?

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 2:22PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2004 12:35PM GMT
Surnames: Ledom, Duffield
My mother said she(grandma, Mary Ann Ellen Ledom) was a cousin to Barney Ledom, who died in Ottawa, Ks. She(my mother) also said that Bessie Duffield was grandma's aunt. Which is right. I know Bessie and Barney were brother and sister. Bessie has two daughter's, Alice and Dorthy. Dorthy(? on the spelling) married Blondie(nickname). Do you know how I can get ahold of them. They would know exectly who is who.

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 5:47PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2004 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Ledom, Bell
Rhonda:

I have found some more info for you. Sarah Jane Thomas was married to Lewis William Ledom, son of George Washington Ledom and Nancy Ellen Bell. Lewis was a brother to my grandfather Charles Calvin Ledom. Lewis would also have been an uncle to my uncle Barney.

Bessie was a daughter to George & Nancy Ledom and she was an aunt to Barney.

I don't have any children listed for Lewis & Sarah so do you have any additional information on children Eldon, Claude and Mary Ann?

If you would, send me an e-mail to Lmax0627@aol.com and maybe we can assist each other further.

Larry

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 4:37PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2004 12:39PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Hagan, Ledom
My grandmother, Minnie May Thomas was Sarah Jane Thomas' sister. I found the following in the 1930 federal census, Atchison County, KS : Frank Hagan, head, Janie Hagan, wife. Son Harry E. Hagan, stepsons, Eldon Ledom and Claudie Ledom. I have had difficulty finding any record of Minnie May and Sarah Jane's parents (there is also a brother, Bill, according to my father). He also said their parents' names are Henry and Ella Thomas. Minnie May was born approx. 1893 and died November 5, 1938. Have you found any other information?

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 6:44PM GMT
My cousin Elizabeth Irene Striplin married Max Ledom. I am trying to figure out who his family was.
I have an obituary for Gladys Florine Ledom who married Barney, and wondered how they fit in the tree.
I have a picture of Irene and Max and her father Wesley Miles Striplin.
Would appreciate hearing from anyone that may have information on Max's family.
Thanks

Posted: 29 Mar 2008 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Greene, Thomas, Hagan
Sarah Jane Greene is my great grandmother. She was married to my great grandfather Frank Hagan. Together they had Harry E Hagan, who is my grandfather. We do have that Sarah's parents are Henry and Ella Thomas, but I do not know any additional information about them. I am going to talk to my grandfather Harry today, as it is his 80th birthday, to see if I can find any additional information and confirm what I do have. Has anyone found any information about Henry or Ella? I find it interesting that Minnie May is my great grandmother's sister.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions