Jack Jerome Cliborne

Jack J.Cliborne

Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 May 2002 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Cliborne, Hite
Just checked the family of Pat & Quittie
They had:
Jack (I was told C. ) But it could have been J. b. 1902.
Lawyer U. Cliborne, b. 1903.
Ester Day Cliborne, b. 1904.
Wm Stanley Cliborne.
Favious Detater Cliborne.
Edna Irene Cliborne.
Drewry Cornelius Cliborne, b. 1917.
I got this information from two people. James Forlines, and David Keith Cliborne, the last is g-son of Lawyer U. Cliborne.

Jack Jerome Cliborne

Lloyd L. Hite (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hite, Cliborne, Blanks, Bowen
Trying to find information on Jack Jerome Cliborne,born about 1908,son of Patrick Leander and Quittie Hite Cliborne.

Hite and Cliborne Families

Posted: 3 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2003 12:48PM GMT
I have a Cora Hite and Robert Cliborne with 2 children. Have some info on the children but not the parents. Are they part of your tree?

Cliborne-Hite

Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2002 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Claiborne, Hite
I have all the children of Cora Hite & Robert Cliborne. And their grand-children. All lived in Mecklenburg Co., Va. If interested contact me at acovercash@ctc.net

Re: Hite and Cliborne Families

Posted: 25 Jun 2002 4:04PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2003 10:38AM GMT
Surnames: Forlines, Davidson, Wiseman, Lawson, Dennis
I have a James Lafayette Cliborne b:7/21/1832 d:2/2/1910 married on 11/19/1856 to a Minerva Jane Hite b:abt 1837 d: bef 1882. They have a son Robert Ammon b:7/15/1867, could this be your Robert. I have no spouse for Robert.

mark (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2002 3:08PM GMT
my great grandfather is james layfette cliborne,my grandfather was luther king cliborne. James served with the 59th va infantry during civil war looking for info on james .

Posted: 10 Feb 2003 7:20PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2003 4:28AM GMT
James Lafayette Cliborne is my great grandfather, Luther is half brother to my grandfather, Robert Ammon Cliborne. Have alot of info on James Lafayette Cliborne, his 3 wives and his children. Contact me if you are interested.
Carolyn

mark (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2003 3:04PM GMT
Carolyn I would love to hear from you reference our great grandfather James layfette Cliborne I have a little info I often visit his and drucellas gravesite and try to keep it up.thanks for the reply

Posted: 11 Feb 2003 8:45PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2003 4:28AM GMT
Mark,
Do you live near or in Mecklenburg County? Were you at the
Confederate Memorial Service summer before last when the stone was laid?
Drusilla was the 3rd wife, my grandfather's mother was Minervia Jane Hite, the second wife. The first wife was Nancy Winifred Hite, sister to Minervia Jane. Drusilla was their cousin.
I need to know just how much info you need or already have.
My file is quite large and don't want to send stuff you already have. I have the ancestors of James Lafayette back to the early 1700s. All verified by a published author, Lolitia Bissell.
If you want my Big file you will have to let me know how you want it sent.
Carolyn

mark (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2003 7:00PM GMT
Ihave his miltary record also i have copies of his application for veterans benefits after he became ill and was unable to farm.also have researched some of his land transfers. also i have a picture of James layfette and his brother Jackson in a civil war encampment just prior to his brother Jackson being killed at the battle of Roanoke island on the outer banks. I live in mecklenburg Co. I was unable to be there when they laid the stone due to work . Would like to hear more.I know his daddies name was william and he served in the revolutionary war as a courier for Layfette.My email is bull@meckcom.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic