Search for content in message boards

Will do look-ups from my Williamson Co. genealogy books.

Will do look-ups from my Williamson Co. genealogy books.

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 1:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
I will do free look-ups from my 70 Williamson Co. genealogy books. Includes cemeteries, marriages (1879 thru 1902 gives parents names & personal info.),newspaper excerpts, wills, obits, funeral home records, etc. I just have the cemetery books for the cemeteries that have been inventoried and published for sale.

Send as much info. as you have on the person/persons your looking. I can't promise that I'll find anything on the people you're looking for, but I will try.

Happy hunting!
Patricia

Re: Will do look-ups from my Williamson Co. genealogy books.

Posted: 25 Mar 2009 11:50PM GMT
Surnames: MORRIS
Patricia,
Can you do a lookup for me for all of the Morris Surnames in your books? I am interested in the following people:
Augusta (possibly Augustus) Morris
Columbous Morris
Achacah
Kurt
M. B. Morris

The time should be between 1850 and 1902.

Thank you so much for your help.

Cari Bennett Rowland

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 2:45PM GMT
I am looking for 2 obituaries or any info on Penelophe Morgan, married to William Morgan deceased. Penny died in 1876. Also, Charity Bach, married to Thomas Bach deceased. Charity died in 1873.
Anything you find would be appreciated.

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 3:19PM GMT
My obit book starts 1879 but I didn't find one for Penelope/Penelophe Morgan. I then checked my early death records but didn't find either one of them either.

Sorry I couldn't find what you were looking for. If you want me to search for anything else just let me know.

Patricia

Posted: 8 Apr 2009 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: GALLEMORE-SMITH
COULD YOU SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON REGINA GALLEMORE 1849. I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A MARRIAGE TO A R.H.SMITH . OR A BIRTH RECORD FOR A SON BORN IN 1865 TO HER. ALL POSSIBLY OCCURED IN WILLIAMSON. THANK YOU.

PAM

Posted: 8 Apr 2009 6:13PM GMT
I'm sorry but I wasn't able to locate anything.

Patricia

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 9:36PM GMT
Surnames: Grimes, Simmons, Perry
Thank you for your gracious offer.

I have a couple of ones that I would appreciate any info on:

Adam and Susanna/Susannah Grimes. I would love to know if there is an obituary or any other information on them. He was born about 1797 in TN and lived in Williamson County, Illinois from about 1850 until I lose him on the census after 1870 So, I assume they died between 1871 and 1880 census. A will for Adam Grimes or his wife, Susanna/Susannah would also be greatly appreciated. Susannah's maiden name was Perry.

I would also like an obit or any other information on Phebe/Phoebe Simmons. She was married to James Simmons and was also born in TN (1815 or so)but she died there in Williamson Co., Ill. somewhere around 1880 to 1890

Posted: 21 Apr 2009 12:10PM GMT
This is what I was able to find on the names you mentioned.

Fountain Cem.
Simmons, James died 7 Aug 1872 61 y 10 m 17 d
Simmons, Phoebe Grimes born 1807 (old stone)

under the above is the following from my book.

The following is how its shown in my cemetery book:
Simmons, Phoebe James 1807 3 21 1811
married 3-4-1830 8 7 1872
Davidson Co., Tn. (new stone)

Crab Orchard Cem.
Angeline Stephens wife of John
born 17 Aug 1834 died 19 Oct 1910
(Angeline Washington Simmons, dau. of James and Phoebe (Grimes) Simmons, married first Alexander (Sandy) P. Ables 3 Dec 1851, married second John Stephens 25 Oct 1863. John was the son of Thomas and Martha (Davis) Stephens.

Deaths published 30 Jan 1879 Marion Monitor:
Fountain Gleanings-William Butlar, 22, died 20 Jan of consumption at the home of Aunt PHOEBE SIMMONS.

Abstracts from Wills, book A, 1847-1872
Page 104
ADAM GRIMES Guardian 1-1857
Emeilla Maxey minor heir of Hallaway Maxey of Robertson Co., Tn.

You would have to order copies of the above to find more info. on what else is included.

Hope this helps! If there is anything else you want me to search for just let me know.

Patricia

Posted: 21 Apr 2009 3:27PM GMT
Surnames: Grimes,Simmons, Maxey
You are wonderful and we appreciate what you have done so much. Thank you. A fellow researcher and I are going up to Marion for Thursday and Friday. Is there something I could do for you while we are there? We appreciate the help on the Grimes, Simmons, Maxey lines.

Nettie Grimes
Ngrimes@fidnet.comi

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Cash, Grimes
Would you have time to look up a Sarah "Sally" Cash? She was married to a man named Reason Cash. She was born around 1810. They lived in Williamson County around 1860 thru 1900 or so. She was born in NC and he in KY. I think she may have been a Grimes before her marriage.

We are going to the Marion, Illinois are to research today. Do you need a picture of anything there?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic