Search for content in message boards

Church Family reunion

Church Family reunion

Richard L. Church (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2003 2:25AM GMT
Classification: Query

Third Annual "Yankee" John Church Family reunion.

The third annual National Reunion of the descendants of "Yankee" John Church will be celebrated Saturday, August 9, 2003 in Jefferson, North Carolina. The first reunion in 2001 brought a few over 50 people together, but those people told other Churches who told others, until the information snowballed to most parts of the country. At the second reunion, in 2002, over 100 direct descendants of old "Yankee", along with their families, met at the National Guard Armory in Jefferson. Churches came from all parts of the country including Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia and Florida and we expect an even bigger turnout this year.
“Yankee" John Church, we believe, was born in October, 1736 in either Massachusetts or Connecticut, and died April 01, 1811 in Wilkes County (Now Ashe County) North Carolina. Many Church families in Western North Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee and nationwide are descended from "Yankee" John Church. We hope this reunion will shed some light on his parentage, his children and his marriages. It will be an ideal opportunity to share information. Genealogists from across the nation are scheduled to attend. If you would like to learn more about your Church linage, or just visit with old friends and make new ones, this is the place for you on August 9, 2003.
All Church family members or those associated with the Church family are invited to attend, whether old "Yankee" John was one of your ancestors or not.
DIRECTIONS TO ARMORY: From the Nation's Inn Motel in West, Jefferson, North Carolinafollow Hwy 221 north to the first traffic light. Turn left and continue to the first stop sign and then turn right. This is Old Hwy 16. Follow about two miles to 1147 Old Hwy 16. Jefferson NC. Phone number at the armory is 336-982-3777
For more information contact Dave Church (740) 655-2725 or email DCHURCH40@ADELPHIA.NET

Re: Church Family reunion

Ross Smith (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2003 5:46AM GMT
Surnames: Church
Great research.

Ross Smith (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2004 5:33AM GMT
Surnames: Church
Hi Richard
Would you have or know a Church researcher who might have some information about Benjamin Church(1763) and son of Yankee John Church. My ancestor was Jane Church who was born 1807-1810 and married Solomon Ray in 1829 in Henry co Ga and I believe she might have been the daughter of Benjamin Church but I can not find anyone who has a list of Benjamin Church's children or when they were born. Thanks, Ross

Richard Church (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2004 1:02PM GMT
Sorry Ross. The data I sent you before is the latest I have.
Richard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic